- ̗̀five ̖́- i want to breathe you in

vapor five seconds of summer

Michael holds Luke like is the last time he'll ever touch him, the blond headed boy is completely numb, his tears long gone as he stares at the blank wall opposite to the couch.

Luke sucks in a breath and turns around, placing his head on Michael's chest and basically suffocating himself in the boy. The warmth of the blanket is making his cheeks tint pink and Michael's pushing his fingers through Luke's hair over and over again.

"I'm scared." Luke mumbles, meeting dark green eyes. "I'm so fucking scared."

"Why?"

"I don't want you to leave... I can't do that again. I can't lose you again, Michael. You can't leave me." He trembles, biting his lip and holding tears in.

"I know," Michael whispers, running his hands over Luke's face. "I've got to go though, you can't spend your life with someone's who dead,  who can't give you warmth, can't show you off. You've got to live, Luke. Without me. I'm not here anymore and you can't change that, no one can."

He loses it, a loud, heart-wrenching sob echoing through the house making Michael pout and shush him. "I.... I can't fucking do this!  I'm so fucking miserable and all I want to do is fucking die! I don't want to live without you, I can't." Luke knows it sounds selfish, his mum and dad would be heartbroken, but he just can't.

Michael's eyes glisten, wiping his tears away and kissing his forehead. "You have to."

"I don't want to," Luke whimpers, holding Michael's face in his hands. "Where are you going now?"

He just shrugs, standing up and tugging on his black pair of converse. Luke knows those were the last pair he ever bought and wore because of the bleach stain on the left side, blood trickled on it, Luke's name written in a silver sharpie on the side of them with a heart and the tally mark doodled on them. Those shoes break his heart, that was the day Luke realized he loved Michael than he loved himself.

"I don't know, Baby. But I'll be with you somehow, okay? I love you so much. Thank you for making my life so much better. You changed my life, in a good way, and I can't thank you enough. I love you, not as a best friend, as a more than that way. I wish I would've saw the signs, I'm sorry Baby. I didn't look close enough. I'm so sorry that I left you, and Calum and Ashton. I'm sorry for coming back to you and fucking you up again, I'm sorry for how much shit you've had to put up with for so long. I love you so much, Lukey." Michael's eyes water as Luke keeps crying harder, balling his hands up in the blanket and biting his lip so hard that it bleeds.

"Mikey, please, please don't-" he begs, thick sobs escaping his throat.

Michael's voice cracks as he plants a kiss on his forehead and looks over at him again. "Please call Calum and Ashton, Luke. They miss you and want you back so much. Call Liz and tell her that you're coming home, okay? I'm so fucking sorry, Sweetheart. I'll see you soon. I love you so fucking much."

And Michael is gone.

teared up a little bit not gonna lie
thoughts?
thoughts on michael leaving?
michael's apology?
luke?