Chapter 2

I quickly snatched my charm from her hand and rested it back down on to my chest.

"Are you sure?" I asked shyly, both of my eyebrows raised in confusion.

Anna and Layla nodded and I groaned, resting my head in my hands.

"There's no way, he's not my type," I whined through my hands, my voice muffled.

"Just try to ignore him," Anna sighed, her hand patting my back. She was trying to soothe me but it wasn't working at all.

"How bad is he, you know... What had he done?" I asked, picking my head up.

Right when Layla was about to answer the bell rang through the halls, signaling it was officially time for first period.

"Sorry, we'll talk later okay?" Layla said, sympathy evident on her features.

I nodded and stood up, straightening out my blouse. I quickly tucked my necklace underneath the collar of my shirt, just incase I somehow ran into Harry.

I shuffled my feet to first period, which just happened to be my most despised class of the day; P.E.

I opened the creaky, cold metal door to the locker room and stepped in, greeted with nothing but empty lockers. I'm always the first person to P.E., and always the last person to leave. I'm just in no rush, everyone else has friends to talk to or places to go but I don't. All I have is Anna and Layla, but they're both on the opposite side of the school.

As I was getting dressed into my shorts and tee shirt, all of the other girls slowly filed into the locker room, one clique at a time. Their laughs and voices echoed off of the unfortunately tight quarters, causing my ears to ring.

I locked my bag up in one of the empty lockers and headed to the gym, where some of the boys were already throwing around a bunch of basketballs. I sat down alone on the bleachers and watched the little show in front of me.

I saw Harry was one amongst them. Right after he smoothly dunked a ball, he turned around and faced me. He sent me a wink, a slight smirk lighting up his face, though his eyes remained dark. I looked down with my eyes on my lap, not wanting to draw ant unwanted attention to myself. Things were already odd between the two of us, and I didn't want to make it worse.

It's confusing and honestly a bit chilling to know he's the person I'm meant to spend the rest of my life with, the person I'm supposed to grown old with, yet right now we're so far apart from each other, lost in our own two little worlds. It's scary to know I'm meant to be with a "criminal" in other words.

Not much later the entire gym was full and the teacher was walking in, clipboard in hand.

"Alright, everyone," The teacher called getting the classes attention.

"We will be starting this year off with a nice long semester of volleyball." She continued sarcastically.

Everyone was eyeing up their groups and I just sat there awkwardly, fixing my hair.

"You'll need to get into teams of five, so I suggest you pick quick unless you want me to pick for you. You have three minutes, go." And with that she blew her whistle whist everyone scrambled to their feet.

People were walking every which way around me and I just stood there, unsure of whose finely made group I had to intrude on.

Suddenly I felt a cold hand wrap around my forearm and I scrunched up my eyebrows. I turned around and with a look of complete horror, saw Harry smirking back at me.

"You seem like you need a team." He smirked, leading me to a group of people who resembled him in the far back of the gym. They too were covered in piercings and tattoos.

"This is Tommy, Mikey, and Kayden."

Harry spoke, introducing me to the three guys in front of me.

Tommy had pitch black hair that was almost a buzz cut and a lip ring, along with an eyebrow stud.

Mikey had dark brown hair almost like Harry's, except his was a bit shorter. His snake bites moved as he smiled at me.

Kayden seemed like the quiet one of the group, his red hair was in a buzz cut and his face was covered in freckles. His twin eyebrow piercings and nose ring helped finish off the look.

They all shot me small nods and I nodded back.

"I'm Harley." I spoke quietly and they smirked, although Mikey already beat them both to it.

"I like her." Mikey winked.

I smiled up at him unsure of how to respond. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to take that as a compliment or not.

I heard Harry clear his throat from behind me and I turned my head to look at him.

"The game is starting soon, we should get into our positions. Me and Harley will take the back, you guys cover the front." Harry ordered and everyone nodded, moving to their assigned spots.

"Just so you know ahead of time, I'm no good at volleyball." I laughed, looking up at Harry.

"It's alright, just follow me lead." He winked.