Chapter 42

'I never told anyone before you came along.”  He said to me.

Never his parents.  He never told his parents.

‘Never, not once.”  He said to me.

Never his mother—considering the fact that his father  hardly ever allowed them both to see each other.  And if they were allowed to see each other, his mother would only rant on about his father.

“They were just the type of parents that never let you catch a breath, they would just keep going and going.”  He said to me.

Never his father because he would rather puke than say those three words to his face.  Never his grandparents.  He never knew them.  At least not on his father's side.  But he still never told the ones on his mother's side that he did see every so often.  Never anyone in his family.  Apparently they were—in his words—’dysfunctional times ten’.

Never his first love; never the red-headed, freckled girl he told me about that he liked back in kindergarten.  Not even the blonde girl with flowers in her hair back in first grade that he told me was his first kiss.

“It’s not an easy thing to say,” He told me.  “To me, it’s one of those things that you need to mean and believe one-hundred-percent while you’re saying it.”

“Well I didn't know if it was already obvious, but I love you too.”  I said.

He looked at me with a blank expression.  “Say it again.”  He whispered.

“I love you.”  I said.

And then he leaned his head on my shoulder.  "Thank you."  He said.

"Why?"  I laughed.

"I just needed to hear it is all.”

“So it makes you feel better?”

Harry laughed,  “I suppose you could say that, yeah.  It makes me feel better.”

“I love you.”  I said.

“I love you, too,”  He said back.

“I love you.”  I said.

“I love you, too,”  He laughed.

I turned my head and kissed his cheek.  “I love you.”  I said.

“Well, I love you, too.”  He said, now kissing me on the lips.

“I think you should be immortal by this point,”  I laughed.

Then Harry leaned back, taking me with him.

“I never said the words gave me super powers.”  He laughed.

“You don't know for sure,”  I shrugged. “They could’ve.”

“Well, would you like to find out?”  He asked, his hand making its way to my thigh.

“Yes please,”  I laughed, gripping at the belt of his jeans.

“We’re so bipolar it’s insane.”  I laughed.

“You’re telling me,”  Harry breathed, trying his best to prop himself up on one arm.

Then a quick knock came from the door before it swung open, revealing Ben.  He didn't see us at first as he spoke, “Hey guys, did you know there’s this bartender guy downstairs making these oddly named but strangely good drinks called ‘A Flaming Blowjob—”.

And then he saw us.  Harry and I both laughed.

“—And on that note I’ll be leaving now,”  He said, closing the door behind him.  It didn't click shut before he muttered real quick,  “Use protection.”