Didn't Make It...

>>>Mature Content...don't say I didn't warn ya. Don't complain...this story is rated-R for a reason<<<

Chapter 7:

2 weeks later

I went in the building once again...hopeful the guy was here this time.

"Hello, I'm Justin Harris. I have an appointment with Jacob." I said politely to the lady at the desk.

"Oh yeah, go right in." She said smiling. I nodded and walked in the office. The man there was typing something and looked up.

"Oh, hello you must be Justin. Come sit." He said shaking my hand. "I'm sorry I missed you last time, I was on a very important business trip."

"It's fine, I'm just glad you were available again." I said taking out my portfolio. "Umm...here's my work from my last job." I said as I watched him open it.

"This is...very impressive."

"Thank you..."

"Now I understand that you work for a company in New Jersey, right?"

"Yeah. I worked there for about 9 years."

"We called them up and asked them what kind of employee you were." He said with his eyebrows lifted up. I sighed knowing what was coming. "They said you brought them sexual harassment charges...but they were drop due to false evidence."

"Yeah, the woman had fabricated the evidence. I didn't sexual harass her, but that's why they fired me."

"Ok..." Jacob said closing my portfolio. I took it off the desk and put it back in my bag with false hope.

"Thanks for meeting with me, sir." I said getting up. I opened the door.

"Hey, Justin...." Jacob called after me. I turned giving him my attention.

"Yes?"

"When can you start?" He said. My eyes widen...

"When ever...today, tomorrow, yesterday..." I said excited.

"Cool...See you Monday at 8 am." He said with his hand out. I grabbed it and shook it hard.

"Thank you so much, Jacob." I said walking out. I couldn't shake the grin on my face...for once somebody has gave me a chance.

I walked all the way to the house and when I got there I smelled breakfast. I walked in the kitchen and looked surprised when I saw Ali in the kitchen instead of her mom.

"Finally got the fridge opened huh?" I joked.

"Yeah...finally." She said laughing.

"Where's your mom?" I asked narrowing my eyes at the food she was making.

"At work..."

"Since when does your mom work?"

"Since last week...I thought she told you." Ali said putting the food on the table.

"Nope." I looked at the food and lifted one eyebrow. "I don't know about this."

"About what..my food?" Ali said. I nodded making her push me playfully. "Shut up...how do you think I learned how to cook."

"You're not a very good listener..." I said laughing.

"Don't believe me? Go ahead and taste it." She said handing me a fork. I grabbed it and got a little bit of food. I looked at it and frowned messing with her. She punched me and folded her arms. I laughed and put the food in my mouth. It was pretty damn good...