Business Partners

Chapter 13:

2 months later

Doctors visits and stuff for the baby...that's all we talk about every since Justin found out.

All that's in my mind is worry. I'm worried that all I be to him now is his baby momma. Nothing more...

It was killing me...

"Ok so you're ok to go back to school in the winter and then---" I stopped listen to him. I was too busy feeling emotional...damn hormones. I tried to pull myself back in, but my feelings won't let me.

I didn't understand him anymore. He went right back to being mysterious as his eyes. Only this time I was afraid to ask him anything. He use to be an open book...but now it's like I was his business partner.

"I'm sorry, I have to go the bathroom." I lied. I walked toward the back where his bathroom was. It was right next to his bedroom. I only been here twice, but I knew where everything was. He had a nice size condo...modern style. He had a two bedroom, one bathroom, one laboratory, a kitchen with a island, and a nice living room.

I walked in the laboratory and close the door. I paced back and forth in there trying to hold in my tears. Then I felt sick all of a sudden. My nausea grew worst...

"Are you ok, Alicia?" I heard his voice ask me as he knocked on the door.

"I'm fine." I said in a soft voice...loud enough for him to hear though. I heard him sigh and walk away.

I threw up again for about a minute or two. Then I rinsed out my mouth and splashed some water in my face. I looked at myself and saw how my eyes glistened in the light as a result of holding in my longing tears. I didn't realize not being with him was so damn painful. Why couldn't I move on like I usually can? Why couldn't I just be cool about this?

I pulled my hair out of my messy ponytail. I made it neater and took a deep breath to prepare myself to go back out there. I opened the door and walked toward the kitchen slowly.

"Do you want some tea or something?" Justin asked me not even looking at me.

"No..." I said grabbing my purse and jacket.

"Wait where are you---"

"I think I'll just go home. I don't feel so good." I lied again. He frowned knowing that I was lying, but he ignored it.

"What time is the doctor's appointment tomorrow?"

"5..." I said putting on my jacket.

"I guess we'll finish this after then, right?"

"I have something to do."

"Like what?" He said. I could hear the frustration in his voice.

"Anything but sit here and talk about budget and shit like this was planned." I said tilting my head.

"What's with the attitude? It's gotta be done."

"Well I'm tired of it... I'm tired of talking about it like its a business plan. And I'm tired of you treating me like you're business partner." I confessed.

"I'm not treating you like a business partner, but we do need business to take care of. We ain't got time for games. This baby is gonna be here any minute." He explain like I needed an explanation.

"Justin, I'm not stupid. I know. I only have seven more months till this baby comes." I said rolling my eyes.

"So I don't understand what you're so pissed about." He said lifting his hands up.