Chapter 7

Lauren (9:56am): Hey Camz, I finally made it to my house (:

Camila (10:15am): Hey Lo, that's great! I can't wait to meet you!

Lauren (10:16am): Me neither Camz. Just a few more hours and I'll be able to see your beautiful face (:

Camila (10:17am): you've gotta stop making me blush Lo. My face should just be a tomato.

Lauren (10:22am): Haha. Awe Camz, I'm sorry. But don't act like you don't love it (;

Lauren (10:47am): Camz?

Lauren (11:12am): Camila?

Camila (11:26am): Sorry Lo, I fell off to sleep. Lol, oops?

Lauren (11:30am): It's okay. Are you always this sleepy?

Camila (11:34am): Yes. You should start getting used to it.

Lauren (11:35am): noted.

Lauren (11:43am): I have to go to lunch with the family. I'll text you when I get back. Ttyl Camz

Camila (11:45am): Okay Lo. Have fun! (:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lauren (2:30pm): hey, I'm back

Camila (2:33pm): hey, welcome back. How was lunch?

Lauren (2:34pm): it was good. It's always fun to spend quality time with the family.

Camila (2:38pm): That's good (:

Camila (2:40pm): I am currently laying in my bed, still in my pj's. Maybe I should start getting ready for our little "date"

Lauren (2:43pm): Oh so it's a date now? (;

Camila (2:43pm): Yes it is. (:

Lauren (2:45pm): Well good. I can't wait to meet you Camz.

Camila (2:46pm): I can't wait to meet you Lo.

Lauren (2:47pm): I'll let you finish getting ready. I'll text you when I'm at Starbucks.

Camila (2:50pm): Okay Lo. See you soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lauren (3:00pm): Hey Camz, I'm at Starbucks. Where are you?

Lauren (3:15pm): Camila?

Lauren (3:25pm): are you okay? I'm starting to get worried.

Lauren (3:46pm): Im leaving. Thanks for standing me up.

I felt so bad for standing Lauren up, but I couldn't help it. My nerves got the better of me. I just couldn't do it.

I was too insecure about myself. What if she didn't like me? What if she figured out that I was uglier in person?

The scary part is the not knowing. I wish I was brave enough to face Lauren, but I just can't right now. I'm such a coward.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Camila (5:17pm): Lauren. I'm so sorry.

Lauren (5:23pm): You know, if you didn't wanna meet me, all you have to do was say so. You didn't have to stand me up.

Camila (5:24pm): it wasn't like that Lo, I swear.

Lauren (5:27pm): what was it then?

Camila (5:30pm): I had to pick my little sister, Sofi, up from school and on my way, my phone died so I couldn't tell you. Then my parents made me babysit so they can go out for their anniversary.

Camila (5:32pm): Im really sorry Lo.

Lauren (5:34pm): It's okay. I understand. I shouldn't have gotten mad.

Camila (5:35pm): It's okay. I understand.

Lauren (5:36pm): Maybe next time?

Camila (5:40pm): Yeah, definitely.

I hate lying to her, but it was for the best. I don't want her laughing at me because of my insecurities. It would make them worse.