Chapter 2

"So what're we gonna do first?" I asked I as I walked into the room Steve was in. He wrapped some white tape around his hands, "Work on your strength." I look at him a bit confused as he begins punching a bag hanging from the ceiling. "Um..How?" I say. He stops and turns around, "First of all; you need to get rid of that attitude and second of all; you need to get some of that tape on."

"Fine...And I don't see how I have an attitude, " I reply as I pick up the tape. I try to wrap it around one of my hands but fail miserably, "Could I get some help?" Steve walks over and grabs my hand, "It's really not that hard." He slowly wraps the tape around my hand as he mutters something inaudible. "Hey guys have you--" A man says as he walks in. I turn around and Steve stops wrapping my other hand in tape. "Oh uh...hi?" I say nervously. "Who's this, Steve?" the man asks. "Sage..She's Tony's daughter, " Steve answers. "I'm not his daughter. I'm more like a kid he babysits, I guess. I mean, he's taken care of me for the last 9 years, " I mumble. "I'm Hawk-Eye, Clint Barton is my real name." The man says. "Cool.." I mumble again. Clint looks at us both, "I'll just leave now.." He walks back out into the hall. I sigh and Steve continues to wrap my hand in tape. "That was really awkward, " Steve groans. I nod as he finishes taping my hand. "Okay, now, start punching the bag. " He tells me. I follow his orders and start punching it as hard as I can. After a while, it falls from the ceiling and onto the floor. Steve stares at me in amazement, "That was fast." I nod and take the tape off my hands. "What now?" I ask as I walk over to him. But, to my surprise, I trip and fall into his arms, making him fall too. "Oh, my God. I'm sorry, I'm really clumsy sometimes, "  I say standing up. Steve stands up as well, brushing his clothes off, as if dirt were on them. "It's fine."

"Ahem...Steve, I think it's time for Sage to move on now, " Tony says from the door frame. I glance at my feet and walk over to the door, waving to Steve as I walk into the hall. "What the hell was that?" Tony asks as we walk. "I don't know..I tripped and he caught me. That's all that happened, " I said. "It better have been, " he replies as we walk into a room filled with different gadgets and tools.