Chapter 5

It was around maybe 4:30 in the morning and I was just barely awake but I felt arms underneath me, like someone was carrying me. I opened my eyes slightly and saw Loki above me, his face tired and distraught. He carried me to his bed and laid me down before laying down himself. He turned away from me and I laid there, watching him and wondering why he did this. Not long after, I fell back asleep.

"Wake up. We have much to do today, " Loki said sleepily. I sat up and rubbed my eyes, almost thinking that if I did, I'd wake up back in the Helicarrier. "Hm?" I asked. He grabbed my arm and tugged me away from the bed. I looked at Loki with an expression of slight disappointment only to see his face straight and unforgiving, not like yesterday. He kneeled down in front of me and placed shackles on my ankles, mumbling something I couldn't make out. Then he stood up and walked out of the room so I followed him. We walked around the place for hours and hours until it was time to go to sleep again. We walked back into his room and I sat in the corner again. "You must be joking if you think you're sleeping there again, " Loki says as he yawns. "Well where else am I gonna sleep? With Thor?" I mutter. "Fine. Sleep there, " He sighs and climbs under the covers of his bed. Why does everyone have to be so cold-hearted? I thought. "I wanna go home, " I mumbled. Loki sat up, as if he never went to sleep, and looked at me. "You what?" He asks. "I wanna go home, " I say louder. He gets out from under the covers and walks over to me, kneeling down. His chest is exposed which makes it harder for me to do anything. "This is as close as you'll get to ever going home again, " he growls. I don't know what to think. I just need to get my hands on him to read his thoughts, but I can't. "Did you hear me?" Loki raises his voice. I nod slowly as I put my hand over his. He looked down at it like he was going to pull away but he didn't. She's beautiful. I need to let her go, but if  I do, I'll be forced to live a lonely life, a part from having Thor around. He thinks. Those deep blue-green eyes stare into mine. It's like he's somehow in a trance. I look away but his free hand comes to my face and pulls it back to look at him. He leans in slowly and I watch as he does. I can't hold back any longer so I push my lips to his and butterflies erupted in my stomach. Sure I hated him but I couldn't help but love him as well. His hands reached down to my ankles and took off the shackles. We sat there, pulling back for air every now and then. "Loki, I need to--Whoa, " Thor says as he walks in. I pulled away and hid my face, as I was blushing extremely hard. "W-w-what is it?" Loki clears his throat as he stands up. "I need to talk to you."

"About what?" Thor walks up to Loki and whispers in his ear. They both look at me before Loki walks over to his closet, pulling some clothes out and slipping them on. He walks out and I sit there covering my face. Did that just happen? No, it couldn't have. I'm just dreaming. I need to wake up. This isn't a dream..It's a nightmare. I thought. I punched the floor and it left a huge dent in it, like I had done to one of Tony's walls back at home in a fit of anger. After an hour or two, Loki comes bursting in. He looks at me, "YOU'RE the one who caused this!"

"What did I d-do?" I ask as he comes closer to me. "You put this spell on me!" He shouts. I scoot back into the corner, afraid of what he might do. "P-please..D-don't hurt m-me, " I mumbled as tears begin to run down my face. "Thor told me everything, " Loki says as he backs away and sits on his bed. I wipe my eyes and watch him to see what he does, "T-told you what?"

"That you're just playing with my feelings. Just as every other girl on Midguard, " he mumbles as he puts his face in his hands. "But I'm not...He's probably just saying that to get me all to himself, but he's not the one I want..." Loki runs his hands across his face, "All I want is to be able to have someone who loves me like I should be. No lies, no tricks." I stand up and walk over to him, slowly sitting down. "I...I..I love you, " I mumble, thinking he couldn't hear me. His head jerks up to look at mine, "You what?"

"I love you. There, I said it."

"Did someone pay you to say that?" He asks. I shake my head, rubbing me eyes. "Tired, aren't you?" I nod and yawn. He chuckles lightly as he stands up, picking me up as well. By the time he's laying next to me, I'm already half asleep. I hear him mumbling, but I can't understand what he's saying because I'm just about to fall asleep and when I do, Loki puts an arm around me, pulling me closer to him.