Chapter 4.

A/N: I know you are prolly sick of me apologizing for taking so long to update. I am honestly doing my best, but life's been crazy lately.

I have birthday cake Oreos, it's a good time.

I am planning on making this story pretty long.

Enjoy.

*James pov*

I hear a noise coming from the living room, it sounds like the piano, but none of us play that anymore. I follow the noise, and find Megan sitting at the piano, playing a gentle yet sad melody.

I smile and walk over to her, enjoying the song.

"That's beautiful." I comment. She smiles shyly.

"I can't really take credit, Blake wrote it."

"I didn't know Blake wrote music."

"He used to anyway. I don't think he still does. It was a bit of a phase." I nod.

"So do you play?" She asks.

"Badly." I chuckle, she gets up from the bench and gestures for me to sit.

"You want me to play?" I ask in a tone that makes it sound like a bad idea. She rolls her eyes and pushes me on to the bench.

"Okay but I'm pretty rusty."

"Stop stalling and just play." I smirk and press my fingers against the cold keys. I play a short, happy, little song. I messed up a few times, but it honestly felt good to play again. I haven't touched the piano since I was a kid. I guess I just lost interest.

"See that was beautiful." She says smiling.

"Not as good as you." I point out. She rolls her eyes.

"Well I've been playing since I was about three." I suddenly feel very guilty.

"I'm sorry." I mumble, she frowns.

"What for?"

"For not being thee when you were a kid. I fail as a brother." She frowns at me more. She pulls me up so I'm standing over her and hugs me tightly.

"It's not your fault all this happened. So don't blame yourself." I smile and hug her back.

"I love you squirt."

"I love you too."

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You gotta love family dinners right? Especially the awkward ones, where you're trying to make a good impression on your sister, who you just recently found out was alive.

Or is it just me? Either way the dinner actually went pretty well.

"Jay, Blake wants to Skype tonight. He says he has big news." Alex tells me. I smirk.

"Perfect. We have big news too." Alex blinks.

"Do we?"

"Well duh!" Megan tells Alex rolling her eyes. Alex chuckles.

"Oh yeah! He still doesn't know about you."

"Tell Blake we can Skype whenever he's ready." I tell Alex with a smile. He nods and pull out his phone, I assume to text Blake.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Hey guys! Oh my gosh it's been way to long I'm so sorry. Things have been crazy. But I have some really exciting news!" Blake says excitedly as soon as we answer the Skype call.

"So do we." Alex informs him.

"Really what is it?" I shake my head and smirk.

"You first."

"Okay, just a second. Ryan! Ry c'mere!"

"What?"

"I want you to help me tell Alex and James."

"Tell then what? Oh!"

"Yeah!"

Ryan gets on camera. He's grinning excitedly.

"WE'RE ENGAGED BITCHES!"

"Oh my god congrats guys!" I say smiling.

"WHAT?!?" Megan screams pushing me and Alex out of the way. She was waiting silently out of the view of the camera, waiting for us to tell Blake she was here.

"Liv? What are you doing there?!?"

"It turns out I'm adopted and Jays parents are my birth parents." She says simply. Blake's eyes practically bulge out of his head.

"Wait what?!?!" She waves him away.

"Never mind that. Why didn't you tell me you were engaged???" Blake rubs the back of his neck awkwardly.

"Sorry. I guess I just got caught up the craziness." Megan rolls her eyes.

"That's always your excuse! You need to start answering the phone when I call." It's pretty amusing to watch Megan and Blake like this. It reminds me of Samantha getting after Alex whenever he does something wrong.

"Oh and Anne is still asking about you." Megan's tone changes, she sounds almost sympathetic.

"Ugh why?" Blake groans.

"I don't know, she's your mom." Alex nudges me.

"C'mon, lets give them some privacy." I nod and we exit the room, they don't seem to notice.

Me and Alex head to the living room and plop onto the couch.

"Wanna watch tv?" I suggest. Alex shrugs indifferently.

"I guess."

"You alright babe?"

"Yeah. It's just..."

"Just what?"

"James... Are we ever getting married?"