Chapter 9.

A/N: I'm going to be updating this a lot lately.

*Sam pov*

I wake up with a yawn, frowning at the slight pain in my throat. I guess I can't compalin, this pain is nothig compared to the way it burned before I had the surgery. I reach over to the bedside table, and pick up the tiny pill bottle. The doctor said to take theese once a day, to prevent another infection during my recovery.

After one of the tiny bitter pills metls in my mouth, I roll out of bed. I shiver slightly as the cold air hits my skin, and decide to put on a jacket. After looking around, I cant find my  swaeter anywhere, so I just give up and throw Alex's grey hoodie on. I sigh at the warm soft fabric, and exit the room. 

A subtle musky scent fills my nostrils, and I realize its the hoodie. I grab the front of it, and pull it up to my nose, inhaling deeply.

"Oh my god, this still has his colonge on it. I smell like a dude." I mumble. 

"You what?" Ryan asks, walking past me.

"I smell like a man."  He steps closer to me, and sniffs.

"You smell like Alex. Well that is his hoodie." He points out.

"You think he'll care at all?" I ask, already knowing the asnwer.

"Doubt it." Ryans voice echos my thoughts.

"Where is Alex anyway?" I ask walking ouver and ploping down on the couch.

"He went to go pick up James at the airport."

"James is here?"

"Apparently so." Ryan says grabbing a soda from the fridge.

"So how're you feeling?" He asks siting down next to me. I shurg.

"Alright  I guess. So dd you guys figure out what we're doing yet?"  Ryan smiles.

"Actually yeah w-"

"She's alive!" Blake says dramatically,makig me roll my eyes.

"Oh shut up Blake, don't make fun." Becky scolds playfully, lightly pushing him over.

"Is Alex back yet?"  She asks.

"Yes!"  We all turn to see Alex stading in the now open doorway.

He walks inside, followed by James, who is holding a few bags.

"James!" Ryan cheers, jumping off the couch and hugging him. James chuckes and returns the hug.

I stand up and give James a hug, he smiles as we let go.

“Nice to see you Sam.”  I nod, as he gets hugs from Becky and Blake.

“Alex did you get my food?” Blake asks, Alex smiles apologetically.

“No sorry I forgot it, but I did bring you something better.” Blake pouts theatrically.

"Better than food, impossible.” He states.

“Don’t be so sure!” An unfamiliar voice rings from the hallway.

A young blonde female enters the room, with a huge grin on her face. I don’t recognize her, but Blake seems to.

“LIV?” He all but screams with joy as she runs into his open arms. He picks her up and spins her around, looking like he’s going to explode with excitement. Wait…. Is that Blake’s sister, or James’ sister, or whoever’s sister?

“Oh my god I missed you so much!”  She exclaims as he sets her down.

“Why didn’t you let me know you were coming?” He asks, matching the giant grin on her face.

“We wanted to surprise you!” Alex explains smiling. Blake wraps him in a huge hug, thanking him repeatedly.

“Better than food?” Alex asks with a chuckle as Blake releases him.

“Better than food!” Blake confirms with a nod, then he seems to remember that introductionsare in order. Smiling, he grabs Ryans hand and nudges him towards the girl.

"Ryan this is Olivia, Oliva Ryan." He says gesturing between the two. Oliva smiles and holds out her hand.

"It's great to finally meet you Ryan!"  He nods, giving her a tight smile, briefly shaking her hand.

"Finally." He agrees, in a falsely happy voice. I frown at him, wondering what his deal is.

I notice the room has fallen into an awkward silence, so i decde to introduce my self.

"Hi, I'm Samantha. This is Becky." I say holdingmy hand out. Oliva's smile widens as she shakes my hand.

"Lovely to meet boh of you."

"Well, I'm sure Blake and you have a lot of catching up to do. So why don't Ryan an I go get some food, while you guys talk." I suggest, everyone agrees.

I grab Ryan and pull him out the door, grabing my credit card on the way. As soon as we are in the elevator I turn to Ryan.

"You alright?"

"Fine." He mumbles, I roll my eyes.

"Liar."

"I said I'm fine!" He snaps, my eyes widen a bit at his harsh tone.

"Really? Ry it's me, you're really gunna talk to me like that?"  He closes his eyes and takes a deep breath.

"Whats up with you?" I prompt, he truns to me.

"I'm fine, sorry I snapped."

"Ryan you're not fine."

"No I am.. or I wll be soon."  He mumbles.

What the hell?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

*Blake pov*

"Well I can't wait to get to know him more, he seems wonderful." Liv says with a smile, after I finish telling her about Ryan.

"Oh he is, I'm so happy you guys finally get to meet!" I exclaim happily.

"Just wait until you get to know him,  you'll love him."  Alex promises from behind my back.

The door opens and Sam and Ryan walk in holding two pizza boxes, and two bottles of soda. I grin seeing my fiancé, and wrap my arms around his waist. He smiles, but theres an edge of something in his eyes. Some intense emotion that I can't place. I hesitate but accept his kiss, wondering if he was okay. I drop my arms from him,  frowing.

"You okay honey? You look upset."

"I'm fine, lets eat!" He says, sounding happy as always, but his eyes don't soften. I decide not to push it further, he'll come to me when he's ready.  Alex flips open the pizza box, and we all grab some, along with the soda. We decide to watch a movie, as we're getting settled I exchange a glance with Sam. I can see by the look in her eyes she notcied something was up with Ryan too. I shrug it off, and focus my attention on the movie.

Liv gets up to get more pizza, and Ryan follows her into the kitchen. I smile, I really want them to spend some time together.  I know they'l love each other! As Liv is exiting, Ryan grabs her arm. and whispers in her ear. She nods, and they go into the other room. I frown, wonder whats up with them.