CHAPTER 1

Diary entry #1:

I guess it's really unbelievable. Being able to train as an artist, to be accepted and to be treated like an idol-to-be. It's overwhelming. The fact that I was offered a place as a JYP trainee in the first place is a dream, a dream of so many teenagers my age. And taking it for granted is something that I simply cannot do.

I just hope that my members are good to me. Wish me luck today... I finally got to meet them!

- Jackson

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hi..." 

The words floated through the air like a balloon. Nobody knew how to start.

"It's nice to finally meet you. I'm Jackson." He bowed.

"What's your Korean name?" One of the tallest in the group spat.

How demanding ... Jackson thought.

"I am from Hong Kong and I do not have a Korean name. My Chinese name is Wang Jia Er."

"Wang Jia Er..."

Jackson was getting increasingly nervous.

"Y-yes. You can just call me Jackson if you'd like to. Jackson's my English name, so either way, I don't mind."

"Well its nice to meet you," the previous one asked, sounding more inviting, "I'm Jaebum."

The conversation began to flow, and the members started getting more comfortable around each other.

However, Jackson noticed one of the members hadn't introduced himself. Or contributed to the conversation at all. He looked shy, and stood slightly away from them. For some reason, Jackson had the strangest urge to talk to him.

"Hello?" Jackson excused himself from the group and went over to the outcast. "I-I'm Jackson."

The other man just nodded and smiled slightly.

"I'm Mark... sorry if I'm quiet, I'm just shy and nervous... Nice to meet you. I can speak English by the way, I heard you mention that you could." He smiled a little bit more, tilting his head up to look at Jackson.

Jackson smiled.

"You were listening? Eavesdropper!" He joked, in English. Mark faked being offended, making them both laugh. "Also, we're sharing a room."

"How do you know?"

"I saw manager-hyung before I came in. He told me I'm rooming with Mark, and assuming you're the only Mark and that's you" He smiled warmly, making Mark feel more comfortable around him. For some reason, Mark felt like Jackson was genuinely kind. He felt trustworthy to Mark.

"I'm sure we'll burn the dorm down," He responded.

"With good intentions, of course."

They both laughed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After the members had been talking to each other and getting to know their bandmates, they had settled on the decision to unpack in their rooms.

"As the leader of you all, I'll read out your room partners," Jaebum announced.

"Jinyoung, you'll be by yourself."