Chapter 3

Authors note~ I dedicated this chapter to PeaceLoveCupcakes200 because her comments were so kind and are one of the reasons why I went back to writing this story. 

Chapter 3

After hours of continuous horrible thoughts and the loud sound of my stomach growling from not enough food, I finally fell asleep. Only a short 2 hours later the phone went off ending my dream.  

I waited 5 rings for my Mom to pick it up. This is my first night here so I didn't think it'd be right if I picked it up. I was thinking of letting it go to voicemail but I changed my mind. 

"hello?"

"Lore...? Babe, are you okay? You don't sound like yourself.."

babe!? Who the hell is this.. calling for my mother at 4am and then calling her 'babe'?

"no, this is her daughter.."

"oh I'm sorry hun. My names Dave, I'm um well it doesn't matter who I am. Could you put your mother on the phone please."

"sure, one moment." I didn't really have a choice. It wasn't really a question. So I put down the phone and went searching for my Mom. There better not be some strange man calling every night to wake me. 

"Mom? Moooooommm?" what the hell.. did she actually just leave without letting me know?

I went back to the phone. No use to keep looking if she left. It just bugs me that she goes out and doesn't even leave me a note or nothing. 

I went back to the phone. "Sorry but it looks like she's out right now."

"oh well thats a shame.. Hey whats your name kid?"

I was thinking of just hanging up. But I didn't just incase.

"....Scarlet"

"and how old are you Scarlet?"

again, he was seeming a little sketchy..

"thirteen"

"Well Scarlet, maybe one day we will get to meet. You seem very sweet and mature for only 13."

"thanks.. and who are you to be calling for my mother at 4 am?"

I asked in the most polite way I could, but not even a second later the line went dead. Talk about sketchy. 

There's no way I'll be able to fall back asleep so I grab my book out of my still packed suitcase and started to read where I left off. 

Authors note~ sorry for the short chapter! I already know whats coming next, but I'm going to need a clean start so it doesn't get confusing idk haha :)