chapter 5

Authors note: I fixed the cover! :D okay, so I did choose a new image, and it is of a young Eleanor Calder. I just want to state 2 things. First, this is NOT a One Direction fanfic, I just always imagined young Eleanor as Scarlet. And Second, I am in no way trying to hurt Eleanor, this story has nothing to do with her, I just liked her look for it.  Thats it. I hope you guys understand what I'm trying to say. Anyways, lets start this chapter!

Chapter 5

By the time I reach the school my hair has frizzed up from the humidity, plus I'm soaked and now I'm late for nothing. I open the office doors and tell the secretary my name. 

"Ohh, Scarlet! You just transferred here from Canada, correct?"

"yes ma'am."

"Ms Wilson." she politely corrects me. "Because it is your first day, I'm not going to mark you late, just be on time from now on, hun. Also, I am the school counsilor, so if you ever need anything at all, my door is always opened." 

She hands me a folder with some information and my lock. Luckily, it contains a map of the school. I thank her for everything and walk out the door and grab my time table and locker number from the folder and quickly slip the rest of the probably unnecessary information into my bag. I'll read it all after school, I decide. Soon enough, I get started finding my way around. I'm glad that Ms Wilson is so nice. She looks about 27 so she's actually perfect for her job since she can probably relate more to us teenagers since she was one herself not too long ago. 

As I turn the corner down the hall I hear some snickering. I just ignore it because it's obviously nothing to worry about. I keep on walking, passing several classes. I keep hearing that snickering sound, like its following me. I stop to look around to see if any students are following me but I don't see any so I turn back around and find 3 greatly built, tatooed boys. They tower over me making that same snicking sound. The one in the middle shushes the other two and opens his mouth "well, look what we have here, some fresh meat." 

I always heard about this niner crap, I just never really thought of me being the niner. 

The one on the left (who is actually the cuter one of the two with his slightly quiffed brown hair) starts talking. "what should we do to this one?" they start to snicker yet again. I really don't want any trouble so I turn around and find 2 more boys. They all start laughing some more. 

"you thought you were going to get away? Thats cute." laughs the middle one again. "I really don't want any trouble, see its my first day..obviously.. and I'm already late. I just want to get to class or find my class, I don't even know.. Just can I please go?" I tried to be confident and stand up to them but my words just came out in a sloppy ramble. 

"You got a lot of nerve kid to talk like that to us juniors, we will ruin y-" "oh I'm so scared of the big bad juniors" I sarcastically cut off the middle guy again, but as soon as I say it, I wish I could take it back. I didn't mean for it to even come out. 

The middle guy starts to talk again, he must be like their leader. He keeps his deep voice down but his anger is clear. "Don't you ever cut me off again, or you better believe that I will ruin you. I'm gonna let you panic though so for now go scurry off to class. Jai, show her the way. I don't want someone else to ruin her before I get the chance." 

With my luck, Jai is the cute one. He grabs the handle of my bag like a leash and starts to push me away in the oppisite direction. "..you're.. not go- ing .. to.. hurt ..me right tt?" I stutter out. "of course not babe. Let's go."

I'm not used to being called babe. Back in Canada, I got zero attention from the male population. I can feel my face heat up from that one simple name he probably calls every girl but in my head I try to pretend that he only ever called me that and is just as nervous as I am.

He seems confident leading the way but then I realize I never told him which class I was heading too, or maybe it slipped up.. I don't know what I really said anymore. I was too worried I might have to drink my own pee. 

"umm don't you need to see my time table?"

he starts laughing at me some more.

"why do you keep laughing at me?" 

"you're not going to class."

I don't really know how to respond but I can tell I'm shaking with nerves.

"babe, relax. I'm not going to hurt you. You're only going out with me. We just can't let the boys know that I'm getting my hands on you before them." 

He wraps his arm around my shoulder and I can feel my stomach tighten in a good way, I should be scarred of what he just said but for some reason I'm not. We walk outside and he pulls out 2 permission passes that the office gives you when you have to leave the school for some reason. I take one. 

The sun is so bright when I try looking up at him. God, he really is sexy.