Chapter 27

Scott's P.O.V

We were sitting down in the church listening to the pastor. Every single person in the church was crying, even me. Frances was a good friend. I mean we just learned about her job and how cool she is. All of that ended very soon. The pastor asked if someone wanted to say their words, but no one raised there hands. The pastor was about to say 'Forever hold your peace.', but Kevin finally spoke up. He went to the stage and stood and stared at the crowd. Then, he looked at the casket and that was his breaking point. Out of nowhere he ran out the church crying. Jeremy, Avi, and I all ran after him. When we got outside, he was no where to be seen. We tried calling him, but he wasn't answering. It was getting late so we decided to go home and call the police to search for him. Avi called the police and came back telling us that they can't search for Kevin until 24 hours has passed. I was beyond pissed.

"WHAT THE HELL?! IF SOMEONE IS MISSING, YOU CAN'T WAIT FOR A FREAKING DAY TO SEARCH! HE MIGHT BE DEAD BY THEN!" I yelled.

"Babe, please calm down. Breathe in and out, in and out." Mitch was calming me down. I find it weird that he is the only person that can control my behavior.

"He will be okay, and he will come back." Kirstie was trying to convince herself that her words were true.

--

Jeremy, Kirstie, Keiyla, Avi, Nyla, Mitch and I were sitting down watching tv. Until the show was interrupted by a news channel. Mitch got up to get the remote so he can change the channel, but we all froze in place. I could not believe what I was watching and hearing.

"Sorry to interrupt your show, but this just in that an African American man has been found, dead in the woods." The news anchor was talking, then a picture of Kevin popped on the screen.

"NO! KEVIN! NO NO NO NO NO NO NO! KEVIN BUDDY! SH*T! WHY GOD, WHY????!!!" Avi was crying out loud.

Nyla was sobbing next to him, but rubbing his back. Kirstie was throwing stuff and breaking glass. Jeremy was cussing and punching the wall. Keiyla was throwing up. And Mitch, my poor baby was crying, shaking, and wheezing in the corner. I was on the phone calling the number that was on the television. I was scared for our safety now. Any minute the person can attack. We just lost another friend.

Kevin's P.O.V

I was in the woods. I needed to be with my beautiful girlfriend again. I can't live without her. I looked around for something sharp. I found a rope hanging from a tree, and I looked up. It was a bear trap, I pulled the rope to make the trap fall and the rope. Once they fell I cut the rope off the trap with a stick. I grabbed the rope and walked to a tree with a low branch. I climbed the tree and tied the rope onto it and let the rope fall down the branch. I climbed back down and tied the rope around my neck. I was hanging myself, I wish I had a gun, but this was the only thing around me. I'm sorry Scott, Kirstie, Avi, Mitch, Keiyla and Nyla. I love you guys. I'm on my way Frances, to be with you forever. I felt my throat closing and I was choking, I said my last words.

"Goodbye."

I have no idea what is wrong with me. Yall I'm sorry. But I just want to say HOLY SUGAR HONEY ICE TEA, FREAKING 1K READS???!!!!! WHAT THE ACTUAL SCOMICHE???!! I LOVE YOU GUYS FOR SUPPORTING ME AND HELPING ME. LIKE OH MY  TOEPEE! (Please tell me you got that?)!

Love,

Asia