Chapter 7: My Time To Shine (Lindsay's POV)

I was really surprised at the fact that Brent asked me to join the band. It was mostly excitement. I could get rid of Jesse and make 4 new friends in the process. It was a win-win situation. Especially when my lead guitarist was super hot. I knew that our love was probably one-sided though. Oh, well. Even if it was, we could still be friends. Well, at least until Matt recovered and I went back on tour. I think my friendship with the guys could've lasted after I left, though. I wouldn't know until it happened.

          This time, I was the second to last person who got to the studio. It wasn't as crowded today. Too bad nobody was gonna spill juice on Brent and I would walk in on him shirtless again. I know I'm still young, but it was an exciting thing for me to see, especially within 12 hours of actually knowing him.

           Tyler was the first one to greet me when I walked in. Brent was cleaning the pile of clothes, Miles was doing homework and Kevin was on his phone. I said, "Hey, guys. Where's Jesse at?"

            Brent said, "He's running late again. He forgot he had a dentist appointment after school today. He should be on his way, though."

             I said, "Come on now. Even I'm on time. I was gonna be late because I refused to start walking until my Spotify started. I can't walk without music."

            Brent said, pointing at me, "I respect that. You have good morals, kid."

            I said, "Thanks. Um, what are you guys up to?"

            Miles said, "I'm currently dying because of this bio homework, but other than that, not much. I'm just killing time before Jesse gets here."

            Brent said, "You know, maybe we could just practice with you since you're here."

            I said, "Well, if you don't mind, I'm cool with that."

            Tyler said, "I think it's a good idea."

            Miles said, "Me too. I'll do bio later. Maybe."

            Brent said, "Miles, you always do your homework. Don't play yourself."

            Miles said, "I know. Let's practice."

            I said, "Alrighty then. Um, do you guys know Wake Up?"

           Miles said, "Of course. It was the first song we learned together. Let's just hope you can sing better than Jesse. He's pretty good with any other song, but he just tanked with that one."

            I said, "I think I can manage. Brent, count me in please."

You've been deep in a coma

But I stood right here

When you thought there was no one

I was still right here

You were scared, but I told ya

"Open up your eyes"

Never saw me as someone who could love you well

Had to show you the hard way

Only time will tell

Revelations and heartaches make you realize

I was always in front of you

So wake up

Your sleeping heart

I know sometimes we'll be afraid

But no more playing safe, my dear

I'm here

So wake up

You've been deep in a coma

But I stood right here

When you thought there was no one

I was still right here

You were scared, but I told ya

"Open up your eyes"

I was always in front of you

So wake up

Your sleeping heart

I know sometimes we'll be afraid

But no more playing safe, my dear

So wake up

Your sleeping heart

And we will dream a dream for us

That no one else can touch, my dear

I'm here

So wake up

So wake up

Your sleeping heart

And we will dream a dream for us

That no one else can touch, my dear

I'm here

So wake up

     Overall, I thought we did pretty good. These guys were really talented. I could even say that they made me better. I knew that my other band was great, but they were amazing. And we were all freshmen, as opposed to my tour mates who were all juniors and up. It was a pretty fun experience.

      I said, "Good job, you guys! That was amazing."

      Brent said, "Are you kidding? You were the best."

      Tyler said, "Really though. Jesse's not half as good as you."

     "Funny you might say that."

      We all looked to the door. Jesse was standing there, smirking. 

      I said, "Well, we're goners."

      Brent said, "Yup."

Note: Sorry if the ending was a little crappy for this one. I know it was a little short, but I'm working on making the last three a little longer. I'm almost done with the beginnings :( it's sad but I'm gonna hopefully write a sequel or make it a continuation. I hope you guys like it! Thanks for the reads :)