Chapter 8: Lost My Chance (Lindsay's POV)

Note: For the rest of the story, Lindsay's POV will be featured. If I make a sequel, I plan to feature Lindsay, Brent, Tyler, Miles and Kevin's POVs. I want to thank you guys for reading so far. It's almost done but I think I'm gonna come back soon :)

     We all stared in silence at Jesse, who scowled at all of us. I felt a little guilty inside. Even if he was an asshole, it still wasn't okay for us to talk behind his back like that. I knew that we probably deserved what he was gonna do to us.

      Jesse said, "Lindsay, can you step outside for a second? I need to talk to my fellow bandmates."

      I said, "Okay, I guess."

      I left the room, leaving the guys alone with Jesse. I feel like I should have stayed to slap some sense into him or apologize, but it wasn't really my place. I knew the guys could handle it, though. I didn't close the door, so I could hear everything they said.

       Jesse said, "So, is that really what you guys think of me?" I heard silence. Jesse said, "Answer me."

      Brent said, "We do kinda feel like that, but we didn't wanna make it sound like that."

      Jesse said, "Why'd you even say anything then?"

      Tyler said, "We were talking to Lindsay, and things got out of hand."

      Jesse said, "Of course you were. All you guys talk about is Lindsay. But guess what? I can guarantee that she doesn't like you guys as much as you like her. She's famous, you guys. All she cares about is her fans and her tour. You guys aren't gonna fit in there anywhere when she leaves. She just doesn't care. "

        As I silently freaked out next to the door, I heard someone sniffle.

       Tyler said, "She's not like that, Jesse. She likes us a lot."

       Jesse said, "I can guarantee that she doesn't. And if I were you, I'd dump her sorry ass right now and get on with your lives. She is the least of your concerns right now. We have a talent show in 3 hours and we have to rock it. Get Lindsay out of your head."

       Brent said, "He's got a point. We don't know how long she's gonna be here. We need someone who's gonna be reliable."

       Jesse said, "Exactly. Now, go tell her to get out of here!"

      Brent said, "Alright. I'll go talk to her. I hate to do this, you know. She's such a nice girl. "

      Jesse said, "Just do it."

      Brent said, "Fine."

      Brent left the room and walked out to the hall, where I was sitting. When I saw him, I noticed that he was fighting back tears. He said, "Hi, Lindsay."

      I said, "Hey."

      He said, "I'm guessing you just heard all of that."

      I said, "Yeah. I heard all of it, and I'm not happy."

     He said, "Lindsay..."

     I said, "I don't wanna hear it, Brent. You sided with him. I thought we were friends here."

   Brent said, "We are friends! It's just that your stay isn't gonna be permanent. You could be gone in a month. We can't have someone who's gonna leave right away."

   I said, "I guess it's true, then. You know, it's not like I have feelings or a heart. I'm obviously just some shallow singer who only cares about the money and the fame. Well you know what? If that's really how you guys feel about me, maybe I should just go."

  Brent said, "Lindsay, wait! I didn't mean it like that."

   I said, "Wow. I guess you don't mean anything you say, do you?" With that, I turned and walked down the steps of the store. Brent turned away and walked back into the room.

   The guys all stared at Brent, who was crying. He said, "I can't believe I just did that."

   Jesse said, "Trust me, Brent. She's in the past now. You live in the future. It's time to seize the moment. We should practice. We have to leave in 3 hours."

   The guys all walked over to their instruments, showing little emotion. As they practiced, they felt an empty void in their hearts that couldn't be replaced. That void, it was me.

Note: I tried to make this one a little longer. In the next chapter, Lindsay's gonna sing a song and in the last chapter, the band is gonna sing together. I don't wanna give anything away but I think you guys will be happy :)