Chapter 10: A Part of It All (Lindsay's POV)

Note: Last chapter :( there's gonna be some foul language

    Brent, Tyler, Miles, and Kevin sat backstage at 9:30, waiting for Jesse. Brent said, "I'm really getting pretty fucking tired of Jesse being late. He badgers us if we're 1 minute late but he can be an hour off. Who makes these fucking rules?"

   Tyler said, "He needs to hurry his dumb ass up. At least Lindsay was on time every day. She's not even in the band and she made it there before him!"

   Miles said, "I wish she was in the band. I feel terrible for what we did. Or what you did, Brent."

  Brent said, "I feel bad too. I'm the one who was crying. I got so much snot on my shirt, I could make a new island."

  Tyler said, "That's so gnarly, dude. Funny, but gnarly."

  Just then, Jesse ran up, holding a bag. Brent said, "There you are!"

  Tyler said under his breath, "It's about time."

  Jesse gave Tyler the death stare and said, "So, when do we go on?"

  Miles said, "In like 15 minutes. Nice to know you can keep time well."

 Jesse said, "Oh, shut up, Miles. I was in a hurry."

Brent said, "You've "been in a hurry" 3 times this fucking week. We can be on time. What makes you so special?"

 Tyler said, "Ooh."

 Jesse said, "Tyler, if looks could kill, you'd be dead right now. Why does it matter if I'm late? You guys revolve around me. I'm the lead singer, so what I say goes."

 Brent rolled his eyes and looked at Tyler, Miles and Kevin. It was silent until Kevin cleared his breath. He said, "Not anymore."

 Brent said, "Kevin?"

 Jesse said, "Excuse me?"

 Kevin said, "Did I stutter?"

 Miles said, "Holy shit. Kevin's on fire right now."

 Kevin said, "Jesse, you're late, you're rude, you're selfish, and you made us dump our friend just because you didn't like her. We can't have that bad publicity in Hydrogen. So you're out of here."

 Jesse said, "You can't kick me out, Kevin. You don't have that power."

 Brent said, "You're out of here, Jesse. You treated Lindsay like shit and I didn't like it at all. You even got me to say shit about her, and that's not me. That's not any of us."

 Tyler said, "Especially me. Usually, I'm the nice one, but you've changed me. I don't want to be mean anymore. And I especially don't want you in our band."

 Miles said, "You only care about yourself. So I'm siding with the guys."

 Kevin said, "Looks like the decision's unanimous."

 Jesse said, laughing, "You guys are crazy! You go on in 15 minutes. How are you gonna find a replacement in 15 minutes?"

 Kevin said, pausing for a quick moment before he spoke, "I think we have an idea."

----------------------

     I was sitting out in the audience with Zach and Liz when I heard, "Lindsay! Lindsay!"

     I saw Brent run up to the mic and yell, "I'm sorry to interrupt, but is Lindsay Mace in the audience?"

    I sighed and stood up. I said, "I'm right here!"