Chapter 4: Welcome to Washington Prep, Part 1 (Lindsay's POV)

Los Angeles is the home of 3 different kinds of people. There's the famous, the sort of famous, and the not so famous. Obviously, I was part of the famous. My siblings were the not so famous, mostly because none of them really desired to be recognized for their talents. I can't blame them. The road to fame isn't as smooth as you would think. The guys I met were a mix of all 3. They were not so famous to the world, sort of famous at school, and famous to me. Before we meet them though, let's go through my first day. Technically, you'll meet all of them before the day is over but there's still a lot to cover before we get there.

           Liz said as we walked in the doors to my new school, "You're gonna love it here, Linds. Everyone is super nice. The good thing about being here on the first day is that nobody really knows each other, so you can make friends quickly."

           I said, "That is nice. I feel like you guys start kinda late though."

           Liz said, "Starting after Labor Day is completely normal here, honey."

           I said, "If you say so. So, what kinda things can I expect here?"

           Liz said, "Anything. They have everything. A froyo bar, a salad bar, a taco bar, they have a lot of bars."

           I said, "Do they have a regular bar?"

           Liz said, "No. Washington Prep has a strict rule against drinking and substance abuse. Still, that doesn't stop people like Brent Valentine or Tyler Lynch from doing it. Nice kids, but extreme druggies. Brent's uncle is the vice principal, but he does it right in front of his face. He's thinking of revoking the rule. As for Tyler, he just does it because Brent does and he knows he can't get caught. Perks of being related to the faculty."

            I said, "Are they seniors?"

            Liz said, "Freshmen. I met Brent through volleyball over the summer and Tyler was just there, waiting for Brent so they could go bong it up."

            I said, "Interesting. Should I keep my distance?"

            Liz said, "Up to you. I would advise not to, though. If you make friends with them, you're gonna be instantly popular. Well, you were gonna be popular anyway. You're famous here."

             I said, "Really?"

             Liz said, "Yep. Everyone loves you. Including me. Which is why I'm not gonna leave your side."

             Right after she said that, some girl ran up to us. She said, "Liz, hi! How was your summer?"

              Liz said, "Great. What about you?"

              Her friend said, "Awesome. I hate to interrupt you and your A- list sister, but James Clifford straightened his hair over the break."

             Liz said, "Shut up! I gotta go, Linds. I'll see you at brunch."

             She and her ditzy friend ran off. "Great, now I'm alone."

------------------

       Note: Before you read, I want to put a disclaimer. I thought it would be interesting to have all five of the members (including Jesse) have classes with Lindsay but not meet her until fourth period, though she notices all of them before this class. I thought it would be cool to build up the suspense of how she meets them. Please read this so you can avoid being too confused :) 

              I luckily found my first period, P.E. class, by following people into the school gym. Apparently, our school had 2 big gyms. One was for sports/ dances, and the other was for lunch and school assemblies. My school was huge. Already, I'd found half of the classes, the 2 gyms and the performing arts center. After P.E., which was kinda miserable because I didn't know anyone, I went to Algebra 2. I was one of 2 freshmen in there. I didn't know the other one's name, but he striked my interest when he said he liked music as well. Plus, he was a leftie like me. We might be only 10% of the general population, but we still exist.