Chapter 19: The Questions

I couldn't believe it. I still can't, to be honest. I saw something that day that will be a permanent memory in the back of my mind.

Phil Lester was fucking Dan. Literally.

I witnessed it with my own two eyes. Adrian did as well, and to this day that is one of the only things we never tell to anyone. But at the moment, it was kind of horrifying.

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm all about gay marriage and the LGBTQ+ community. But I don't watch porn, let alone witness it. As soon as I had called the police, Phil pulled his pants back on and walked over to me. He grabbed my chin forcefully and pulled my face closer to his. I dropped Adrian's phone in the process, but Adrian was quick to catch it. Phil's eyes looked like they had fire burning deep from within them as he whispered,

"What. Did. You. Do."

I swallowed and replied, "I'm sorry."

Phil obviously got the idea and ran back over to the bed, dragging a shirtless (but not completely naked, thank god) Dan towards the door. I stood in their way, tears streaming down my face.

"Move." That one word, so simple and dull, made my knees weak when Phil spoke. I was terrified, but I didn't budge. Adrian stood next to me to prove my point, and then Dan spoke.

"Please don't tell me you called the cops."

I didn't make eye contact with him and he sighed.

"Phil, we're dea-"

Before Dan could even finish, Phil smacked him across the face.

"Do not call me that."

I blushed immediately following Phil's words, and Adrian tugged on my sleeve.

"(Y/n), (Y-Y/n), they'll be here soon, let's just go..." Adrian whispered, and I shook my head.

"No. I'm not moving."

I heard Adrian sigh but he didn't move either.

"Dan, why?" I asked suddenly, my voice showing my sadness more than my watery eyes. He looked at me and sighed, stuttering out, "I-I, it's hard to explain, I can't tell you, w-well I can, but you wouldn't get it..."

I knew perfectly well what was going on, and I said it loud and proud: "You used me. To what? Impress him? Try to win me back and make him-" I indicated Phil, putting emphasis on "him," then continued, "-jealous? Was that your plan, Dan? Well, I have news for you, pal! It worked! It worked very well, so well that I borrowed your brother's phone and called the police because I felt so betrayed! I thought it was different, Dan! But now I know that your the exact kind of person that I thought you were when you first kidnapped me: just a sicko with a drug addiction. I hope you have fun in prison with your fuckbuddy!" I finished with a shout, then panted a bit. I was furious, obviously. I said some things I probably shouldn't have said, but in the moment, that didn't matter.

"(Y/n), I-"

"Freeze! You are hereby under arrest for illegal drug smuggling, dealing, and first degree murder!" A loud voice was calling from down the hall. Adrian and I stepped into the hallway with our hands up, walking towards the police that were standing in front of us.

"I'm the one who called. I used his phone. He didn't do anything." One of the police men nodded, before leading Adrian and I outside. I heard another yell, "search the house!" and I knew it was over, it was finally over. I could go home.

Well, not quite.

"So. You must be, erm..." the police man sat in front of me squinted and looked at his paper, before saying, "(Y/F/N) and Adrian Howell, correct?" The two of us nodded, and the officer held out his hand. "I'm Officer Little. I heard that you-" he pointed to me, "-were the one kidnapped by the extremely well-known Dan Howell?" I nodded and glared at Officer Little as he shot a look at Adrian, finally figuring out that Dan and Adrian were related. I sighed and tapped my foot impatiently.

"Officer Littl-" he cut me off, "Max. Just call me Max." I nodded and continued. "So, Max, when do I get to go home?"

"As soon as you answer all of my questions. Don't worry, you don't need to go to court, the four criminals we found are already in a maximum security prison, since they have committed more crimes than I can count on my hand." Max chuckled a bit and leaned back in his chair slightly.

"Do you know what the date it, (Y/n)?"

"No."

"Well, I can tell you that. It is January 19th, 2016. You were kidnapped and separated from normal society on September 16th, 2015." My mouth dropped open slightly. I had been with the criminals for longer than I thought...

"Did you see any other criminals in your time with the 'Fantastic Foursome,' as they go by?" I thought for a moment and remembered, "Yes. We went to a state called New Jersey and the only ones I remember being alive were Mark Fischbach, Mamrie Hart, Grace Helbig, Hannah Hart, and Ingrid Nelson." Max nodded and wrote something down.

"Did you commit any crimes while with them?" I thought hard and only remember witnessing the drug deal. "No, but I witnessed a drug deal between Phil and Mamrie."

"Okay. Thank you, (Y/n). You can wait in the hallway while I talk to Adrian privately." I nodded and stood up, walking out of the room and taking a seat right outside of the door. Once I sat down, I sighed and put my head in my hands, leaning my elbows on my knees. I thought it would be peaceful for once, but that's when I heard someone all too familiar.

"(Y/n)?!"

It was my mum, of course. I stood up, a small slowly growing when I saw my dad there as well.

"Mum! Dad!" I ran over to them, almost tackling my mother with a hug. She was crying, I was crying, and I'm pretty sure even my dad was crying. I pulled away from the hug and she looked my over.

"What happened to your hair?!" She asked, and I remembered the pink from the first day of being kidnapped. "It's not permanent, don't worry. I'm just happy to be here."

I turned around to see Officer Little behind me, with Adrian trailing behind him. He called me over and gave me a sheet of paper.

"Sign in the appropriate spots and have your parents sign in the spots on there too." He sounded rushed, so I nodded and signed my signature before quickly handing it off to my parents.

"Adrian, where are your parents?" Officer Little asked when I walked back over, handing him the sheet.

"Not...with me anymore..." Adrian mumbled, and I looked up at Max. "Let my parents sign it, we'll take care of him." Max nodded and I told my parents about Adrian, and they quickly agreed. Since I still have my own flat but no care, I let my parents drive Adrian and I home.

My real home.