103. |

// Chris' point of view //

"I'm so sorry I was busy when Lara was over here." Melika tells me as I walk into her house.

"No, it's fine. I'm sure she'll be over here again soon." I smile as we make our way to her room.

"How's the album going?" She asks.

"We've got two of the five tracks down. We're still working on the instrumentals of a song Ethan wrote but I think we'll start recording that soon." I announce as I put my stuff down by her bed.

"So we have two hours. What are we going to do?" Melika asks, sitting down on her bed and pulling her long, brown hair over her shoulders.

"You know, I was actually wondering whether you'd like to come back to the hotel and stay the night," I suggest. I take the fact that her eyes light up as a sign to continue, "we have access to the pool and stuff. No ones really staying there at the moment so it will most likely be available."

"Yeah, I'd like that." She smiles her trademark smile. Honestly, Melika is always smiling.

"Alright, I'll just call Ethan and make sure they're okay with it." I announce, walking out of the room and pulling my phone out of my pocket. I find Ethan's contact and once it starts ringing I bring it up to my ear.

"Hey." Ethan greets. He sounds happy, like he's been laughing or smiling and I like that. I'm glad because he's only with Jakob right now. Jakob makes him happy. I was really worried when he had that dream a few nights ago.

"You having fun?" I ask.

"We're playing twister," he laughs and then I hear a sort of slapping sound. "I just won. How can I help you?"

"Is it okay if I bring Melika over for the night? You could invite Kade over as well." I ask, throwing in that suggestion. Maybe Ethan needs to spend some time with both of them together to work out what's really going on inside his head.

"Um, yeah, that's fine. I'll call him." Ethan replies.

"Okay, cool. We'll be there as soon as we can. I don't know the bus times or anything." I explain.

"Jake can come pick you guys up. Kade will probably drive here on his own." He tells me.

"Alright, let me know if plans change." I say.

"Okay, will do. See you soon."

"Bye."

•••

// Jakob's point of view //

I'm driving Chris and Melika home but I can't stop thinking about Ethan. Kade's driving over and his house is much closer than Melika's. They're going to be in that hotel room all alone. What if Ethan tries to 'experiment' like he did in his dream? I don't like Kade at all. The only hope I'm holding onto is the fact he's not gay. But will that stop Ethan from falling for him?

"Jake, you missed the corner." Chris tells me, snapping me from my thoughts. I take a U turn at the available place and head back down the road.

We pull up out the front of the hotel and I drive straight into the closes carpark. I see Kade's car and slam my door, walking quickly into the lobby. I'm well aware of Chris and Melika's confused glances but I ignore them and keep on walking. Who knows? Melika is pretty so maybe Kade will decide to flirt with her instead of getting close with my boyfriend.

I push open the door without knocking and am happy to see Kade sitting at the opposite end of the couch as Ethan. They're watching TV but as soon as I walk in, Ethan stands up and walks over. We can't show any affection tonight and that's going to be hard. I've grown to like coming home and being able to kiss Ethan.