Pool Plans

Calum bounds down to the pool. He's still thinking about his plan. He's getting excited, which puts a spring in his step. He pulls his phone out to see if he can get any bars. It seems to be his lucky day- he gets them. He goes to the group chat- which the boys said they'd stop using (and create a different one for the time being) while Calum is away. He doesn't want their notifications. They use it when he's on it, though. 

Calum: Tonights the night. Get ready to see me make history hahah

Luke: wot m8? do u have a big match or sumfing? plus we cant c u?

Ashton: Luke, I swear if you don't stop using text language excessively, I WILL pummel you with my drumsticks!

Ashton: Also, C, it's fucking 6a.m

Calum: Oi! A, don't swear :'). Simmer down guys, I have a plan.

Calum: Where's Mike though?

Michael: this better be good. I paused my x-box for you!!!

Calum: true love :* <3

Ashton: awh cuties :') ;)

Luke: so da plan?? (Ash im doing it 2 annoy u xD)

Calum tells the boys his plan to "woo" Jodi. They decide it's good enough. Cal realises he needs to get the plan underway - the clock is only ticking closer to dinner. But first he wants to swim.

He hops into the pool, taking in the perfect structure. The pool has a baby area off to the side, and a kids area, separated from the bigger pool by rocks. The bigger pool is split in half. Half for leisure swimming, half for laps. The pool starts fairly deep and, as you go further along, continues getting deeper. The lap side is divided into lanes, while the leisure area is completely open. Set against the wall, exactly half-way along, there is a cave-like feature. It spits out water from the top edge, much like a waterfall.

He swims laps, feeling his muscles relax in the cool water. After a good number, he changes halves and starts relaxing in the leisure side. He closes his eye, completely relaxed, and smiles. His eyes flick open when he hears people coming toward the pool. He's at the opposite end of the pool from the voices. He recognises them instantly- Jodi and May. 'What luck!' Calum grins to himself. He slips in to the cave, making sure to not be seen by the girls, not yet.

'-and besides, I wouldn't have the courage!' He hears Jodi tell May.

'Oh, please, you are too confident for your own good,' laughs May.

'Am not,' says Calum's crush. 

'Are too!' teases her friend.

'Now, moving on from that... tell me what happened with Caleb!' Jodi cries.

'Nothing!'

'Don't lie. He said he needed to talk. So, now, as my new best friend, you need to talk to me about this "talk",' Jodi announces firmly.

'Oh, fine! He asked me out. For tonight. You know the glow in the dark mini-golf? The all night place? We're going there...' May says, seeming unsure if she should continue. 'He-he also gave me this,' May adds, apparently deciding to carry on with the story.

Calum can't see what May is showing Jodi, but luckily Jodi yells it out. 'A promise ring?!'

'Yeah . . . you know that after we found out how close we live we decided to make it serious. Now it's, like, officially serious, I guess?' After dating for couple of months, they finally got around to stating where they came from. It turned out he lived a couple of towns over from her- about a half hour drive.