Chapter 3 - Plane Rides Suck

*Carm's P.O.V.*

It's halfway through my flight to Los Angeles. Elise is going to skype with me as soon as I get off the plane, which is about a fourteen hour trip. So many possibilities are running through my head. Everything I've ever dreamed of is in L.A. Oh my god, there's a Disneyland too, right? I can't wait to go there. There aren't any Disneylands anywhere I've traveled before so that'll be exciting. I need to find some auditions for some movie roles. But there's not an awful lot I can do on a plane. I cannot sleep on planes, (I haven't slept on one since I binge-watched Lost over the course of two weeks. I don't want to fall asleep and when I wake up discover that I'm on some freaky island)  so, I should probably watch a movie. I flick through their options.

"Not minions." I mutter to myself.  Why in god's good name would they have Minions? Planes don't have good film tastes these days. I eventually narrow my choices down to Anchorman and Inside Out, picking the latter. Might as well get that Disneyland hype up. You know, I feel like if I were to voice any of these characters, it would probably be Joy, despite the fact that Riley herself is the character I relate to most. It's a fourteen hour trip right? Well, I'm gonna be watching a lot of movies.

~Fourteen hours later~

I need to get my ass to the new apartment and sleep. I've been awake for sixteen hours, but I have to skype Elise, I told her I would. I drag my bags and suitcases into the apartment. I'm carry so many of them, I look like a pack donkey. Looking around, I find  the apartment is slightly bigger than the one I shared with Elise. It's got three rooms. The lounge is bigger. Kitchen is about same size, same with the bathroom - oh my god, I've got my own laundry. I dump myself in the middle of the lounge, and the first thing I do is pull out my laptop and connect it to the wifi that the landlord set up for me. Right away, Elise calls me, and of course I answer.

"Hello from the other side!" she sings at the top of her lungs.

"How's L.A.? Have you been anywhere yet?" I can hear just how excited she is for me, but she needs to calm down.

"Elise, I literally just walked into my apartment. I've been on a plane for fourteen hours, I haven't been anywhere."

"Right, of course, silly me. Show me around your place?" I pick up the laptop and angle it so she can see my beautiful lounge.

"Tadaaaa!"

"Uh, Carm?" she says worriedly.

"You do realise you have no furniture, right?" she points out. And I realise she's right. I don't even have a bed to sleep on.

"God, Carm. How stupid can you be?" I mutter to myself. 

"Oh no, I haven't got any food either." I sit the laptop back down on the kitchen bench and put my head in my hands. I'm an idiot. I prop my head back up once I hear some wise words from Elise:

"Looks like tomorrow you're gonna have to do some serious shopping. For tonight, you may as well go out to dinner. Pick up some pizza or something. I don't know. Endless possibilities. L.A. is your oyster. And you are the pearl."

"True. I don't know where anything around here is, but I suppose going for a walk can't hurt me?"

"Right you are." she enthuses. "Oh yeah, you're a day behind me, right?"

"Yeah, it's thursday here. You're in Saturday."

"Well, Carm, I'm from the future, and I'm here to tell you that it's bright and it is what you make of it. Text me your live commentary of going places?"

"Will do. Guess I'll see your pretty face later."

I close the laptop, grab the apartment keys, money and my phone.

"Deep breaths, Carm." I mutter to myself, and out the door I am.

~~~~~~~~~~

Heyyyyyyy there, I can seeeeeee youuuuuu!!!

I hope y'all enjoyed this chapter - what do you think is going to happen next?

~ Ellen Cozartist