Chapter Three

Chapter Three: Maybe...

(Zayn's P.O.V.)

The next day I begrudgingly woke up because someone had texted me and Harry was demanding to know if it was Madison. I rolled over and undid the phone from its charger and checked to see that it was indeed a message from her. It said and I quote,

"So are we doing this lunch thing or what?"

"Nice!" Harry threw his fist in the air and I chuckled. I responded saying we should and then we set up a time and place. We all had to go get ready then and go meet her at the restaurant.

To be honest, I didn't really care if we met her not friend or not. I just wanted to see her again. Hopefully her not friend was interested in one of the other guys and not me so I could talk to Madison more. That would be ideal but I could never be so sure.

I showered then took my time on my hair. I was known for being the vain one, and that was not entirely true. I just liked to double check and make sure I looked good. Once I was ready the five of us hopped into the car and drove ourselves out to meet the girls. From there we were off to our next destination, so all our luggage was crammed into the RV.

(Madison's P.O.V.)

I woke up and stumbled into the shower. I rushed through it so I could text Zayn about this stupid lunch thing, get it over with, then come back and do whatever I felt like doing. I hadn't been able to for two days now since the incident yesterday.

Zayn and I set up to meet at this little place a little ways away from Ella and I but not too far. It was this really cutesy restaurant with pink and white themed décor and lots of bows. It was not the kind of place I would usually go to, but they had really good food. And they had metal chairs and tables outside so eating outside was always an option. I liked that part of it all.

Ella came to pick me up in her fancy little car and I hopped in, hoping no one noticed the front door open and close. I sighed with relief when I realized I'd made it out. I hopped into Ella's car and even let her make small talk. I just didn't answer quite so much.

"Isn't this exciting! We get to meet the boys," she smiled excitedly. She was so excited she wasn't even playing their music on the way.

"Um I already did," I pointed out.

"Right. Well I get to! Thank you so much for doing this for me," she gushed.

"No problem," I sighed. She wasn't being as annoying as she usually was so I let her be happy.

I didn't point out that three out of the five were in relationships. And I didn't tell her that Harry or Niall would never go for girls our age because of the two year difference. Or that they wouldn't like her anyway because all she was was a fan and plus, they lived in England while we lived in America. No, I stayed quiet and let her live in her fantasy world.

"We're here!" she chirped as we pulled up into the parking lot. There weren't any other customers at the moment. Good. The boys were already seated at a large table outside. Two empty seats sat waiting for Ella and I. One next to Zayn and another between Louis and Niall. Liam and Harry each headed the table. Ella placed herself next to Zayn and so I was forced to sit between the two most energetic.

"Great," I thought as I set my purse back behind my chair.

"Good morning guys!" Louis shouted.

"Lou, it's like 12:00," Liam said.

"Well we just got up so it FEELS like morning," Harry grumbled.

Zayn caught my eye and smirked at me. I grimaced back. I was not as enthused to be here as everyone else.