Chapter Six

Chapter Six: Harry Understands

(Zayn's P.O.V.)

The next morning we woke up and I had almost forgotten the events of the previous night.

"Are you alright mate?" Niall asked.
It was when that simple question left his lips that I remembered. Harry. The call. Perrie. The pain. Then the nothing. I felt nothing. I stood up without a word and walked to Harry's room. I didn't know why I thought that might help me, or why Harry would have any more answers than Niall or Liam, but I went to him anyway. Niall and Liam were close on my heels.

I knocked before entering the room, but there was no response. I figured he was still asleep, so I opened the door with caution. When it was finally all the way open, there was no Harry anywhere in the room. Niall went and checked the bathroom, but he wasn't there either.

"There's a note here," Liam picked up a small slip of paper. It was one of those sheets that came on the hotel nightstand. Written in Harry's messy writing was an explanation for his absence.

"Dear boys,
I'm taking the closest possible flight to see Madison. I'm sorry I didn't tell you, but I really need to do something on my own. Call if you need anything. I'll come back as soon as I can
-Harry"

"He just left?" Niall said with a sad tone.

"I guess so," Liam sighed,

"It would've been nice if he'd told us in person."

I walked into the living room and sat myself on a couch. Niall and Liam joined me, and they continued pondering Harry's leaving while I sat silently. I didn't know what else to do. I needed Perrie.

(Madison's P.O.V.)

Noah's mom made us breakfast after we had slept in for a good long time. At least I had. I ate breakfast quickly and thanked his mom, for everything, then headed out. Noah walked me home just in case my mom was skipping work, but I was sure she'd be gone. When we got home and her car wasn't in the drive, he let me go. I slipped inside, and thankfully Ryan was in his own room. I hid myself in mine and waited for the call that Harry was here. I was planning on meeting him somewhere, but he insisted we go to my house.

Finally he texted that he had made it. I was quick to shut my phone off so Ryan wouldn't notice it and then I met Harry at the front door. He flashed me his winning smile, but his eyes bore a heaviness I knew was because of concern from what he'd heard.

"We can go on a walk and talk," I said quietly and stepped outside. Harry took a step to the side so I could pull the door shut, then I took us down the road.

"I didn't know you lived somewhere so.."

"Run down?"

"Um I wouldn't put it that way. But yeah I guess."

"Yeah, I don't live in the greatest of neighborhoods."

"Well that's okay."

I rose an eyebrow at him.

He let out an awkward cough.

"So I'm uh.. I'm sorry I heard that-"

"No Harry. That wasn't your fault. My phone is messed up."

"Yeah but it was my fault they even yelled at you! I was the one who called you."

"I know but you didn't know that would happen. To be honest, I didn't either."

"I didn't know it would happen because you never told us things were like that at home for you.."

"Why would I tell five strangers something so personal? I hardly know you."