Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine: I Knew I Like You

(Madison’s P.O.V.)

“I’m only answering because Harry told me to,” I said immediately. I could only hear Zayn’s breathing on the other line and patiently waited for his response.

“Alright, Madison, you have every right to be mad at me. About everything. But you have to know how absolutely and truly sorry I am. I have no excuses for my pathetic actions, as you put it. And I so want you to forgive me and we can be friends again, but I completely understand if you hate me forever. I’m so ashamed of myself and the way everything was handled. I know-”

“Okay Zayn shut up,” I couldn’t help but let out a laugh, “let’s just talk about it.”

“So you’re going to forgive me?” His voice perked up.

“People have done worse to me, so I mean, hey why not. But it’ll take time. I’m not going to trust you for a long time.”

“That’s fine that’s fine. We can talk about it all you want.”

“Okay. This is everything I wanted to say to you these past weeks…”

I preceded to rant to him all the emotions I had been feeling from my anger to my sadness. From the joy of a friendship to the sinking feeling from his attack. I let it all out in the form of cussing and bitter words. Zayn only added the occasional “I agree” and “I deserve that one.” When I was finally done I looked at the sky as the sun fell over the trees.

“But in all honesty, I did miss you a little bit,” I admitted.

“Really??”

“Shush. That was a once in a lifetime confession. I don’t say stuff like that.”

“Oh Madison, I missed you too! And you’re negativism.”

“Shut up,” I groaned. I could picture Zayn’s smirk perfectly in my head.

“So what’s new with you then?” He asked.

“Actually, I think I want to talk to Harry now.”

“Oh,” his voice fell, “I’ll go get him for you.”

“Thanks Zayn. You can text me later maybe.”

“I definitely will.”

I waited for Zayn to call around for Harry until he came to the line.

“How was it?” He didn’t hesitate to cut to the chase.

“I think it was alright.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yeah. I’ll forgive him eventually. Baby steps though, ya’ know?”

“Yeah of course. Don’t rush back into it for sure. Tell me what you said though.”

“Can’t I keep that between Zayn and I?”

“Ha, love, at this point you cannot. You have to tell your good friend Harry Styles!”

“But Harry Styles, I can’t even remember all that was said. I just sort of blasted my feelings out at him.”

“All of them? Cause you’ve had a lot.”

“Yeah all of them.”

“He must think you’re crazy.”

“I have every right to be.”

(Zayn’s P.O.V.)

Even though I had given my phone to Harry and left the room, I was hiding on the other side of the wall with the door open listening to Harry’s side of the conversation.