Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight: Some Mistakes Aren’t Forgivable

(Zayn’s P.O.V.)

I continued to sit on the bed until all my sobs had subsided while Madison’s words rang through my head.

“I’m sorry about you and Perrie, I really am. But this isn’t you and I’m not going to let you use me. This is really shitty of you, Zayn. You almost raped me!”

“You’re pathetic.”

What had I done?

I almost hurt her, that’s what.

I was pathetic.

She actually cared about me, and I her.

What the hell was wrong with me?

She was my friend.

The party could still be heard raging on downstairs. Not quite sure of how long I’d been sitting there alone I got myself up to head out. It’d be a long drive and then an even longer flight back home. As I fought through the crowd of teenagers, for once not having to deal with them screaming at me, I received several strange looks. One girl came up to me, stumbling actually, reaching up to my shoulders for support.

“Hey you look familiar,” I managed to make out from her highly slurred tongue. I took a good sized back from her, but she tried to step forward as well. She ended up falling so I caught her arms halfway and helped her get to her feet.

Once she was stood properly she shook a finger at me.

“But you don’t come around here do you?”

The only reason I could understand her was because I was so used to deciphering the words of drunkenly happy Harry and wise, philosophical (but very wasted) Louis.

“No, I’m not from here no,” I replied. She looked at me quizzically and I decided I needed to say something before she realized who I really was.

“I’m here with Madison.”

“Hayes?”

I’d never heard her last name before but I assumed it was the same one.

“Yes.”

“Oh.”

She looked at me as if she was judging me now.

“Did you already..” but she cut herself short.

“What?” I asked, curious.

“I assume you did. You can talk to those guys over there,” she stuck her thumb towards a group of boys hanging around in the corner.

“No thanks. Do you know where Madison is?” I tried to ask it without falling apart inside. She was probably really pissed at me, and she had every right to be. I also had no idea what this girl was talking about.

“How high are you right now?” She asked followed by a high-pitched giggle.

“I’m not,” I replied curtly.

“Your eyes are awfully red,” she laughed again.

“Excuse me, I have to find Madison.”

I pushed my way around her and straight out the door, done with this bullshit.

“She doesn’t talk to you after you know! She just lets you do it and that’s the end of it! Don’t expect anything else from her!” She called after me. I turned my head to see a boy go over and steady the girl. He gave me a hard stare as I turned back to the night air. I slammed the door shut behind me.