Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen: Fix You

(Madison’s P.O.V.)

            After making my relationship with Zayn exclusive we decided to end the conversation and let the other mull things over, not that anything was going to change. Unless Zayn decided he actually was not ready to take me on as a girlfriend and left me. But I knew that would not be the case.

            He was probably, to be most honest, doubting me and my intentions on staying committed and staying in general. I had not been “in a relationship” since middle school and any other date or experience beyond that was either casual or a mistake. Even back then I had lacked emotion and any type of skill in acting as they say, like a girlfriend should. I never stopped flirting with other boys or experimenting with them and how our bodies worked together. Not to say I lost it in middle school, but by the end of it I was not an innocent girl. Not that I ever was.

            When I got home I was thankful that both Mom and Ryan weren’t because that meant I could go wherever I wanted in the house. I settled for the living room, sprawled across the couch with my legs hanging one over the edge while the other was slung over the top. It was not a typical lady-like position, but I was so comfortable. I wasn’t doing anything besides watching TV when Noah called.

“Hey,” I said excitedly.

“Well I was just calling to see if you’re okay but you obviously are. What’s going on?”

“From the beginning?”

“Tell me the good news first.”

“Zayn and I are official.”

“Official? As in, like, a relationship? You’re his girlfriend, he’s your boyfriend?”

“Yes sir!”

“Wow, Mads, I am so proud of you. You’re really willing to be tied down and commit to someone?”

“I just think that he’s the right guy for me. It just fits, you know?”

“Not quite yet, but sure. You really deserve this, I hope you realize.”

“It’s whatever.”

“Can’t I ever be sentimental with you?”

“How long have we been friends?”

“Too long. Just tell me how we went from horrifying nightmare pictures to happily devoted to each other.”

“Alright. This is how it went down.”

            I explained to him how Zayn called but all he said was “Fuck you!” and then I was very upset. But Harry called me right back after to ask me what I really wanted and got me to admit that it was Zayn. He had actually tricked me so that Zayn heard my confession and we agreed that I had made a mistake, and we were willing to work around our flaws. We were going to be patient with one another. Hence agreeing to officially be in a committed relationship, flaws acknowledged and accepted.

            “So he obviously saw the pictures.”

“Oh yeah.”

“It was cool of him to forgive you so easily. It’s really hard to understand someone like you.”
“Yet even you have managed to figure it out,” I teased.

“Hey now! I’m glad that you’re in such a good mood. Do you want to come over later? We could just watch movies or something.”

“No I think I’ll just hang out here for the night. Mom and Ryan aren’t even here.”