Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven: Mess Up Number Two

(Zayn’s P.O.V.)

“Aw man we should not have stayed up that late,” Niall groaned while we slowly came to consciousness.

“Or eaten that much pizza,” I added. Harry let out a large belch and we began laughing. 

“At the least we should’ve gotten up to brush our teeth,” Harry complained. 

“What’d it taste like there Hazz?” Niall laughed.

“You are the most disgusting human ever,” Harry retorted while standing up to shake himself out. I joined him in stretching my cramped body. The previous night the three of us had a night of massive food consumption and movies. Now thinking back on it, it sounds more like a girly sleepover. Well we ended up being too lazy to move from our movie watching positions and fell asleep way too late and way too uncomfortably. Harry made it to the bathroom before I had the chance to completely collect myself and I slumped back onto the edge of the bed, running my hands over my face to attempt at wiping away all the grime I felt clung to my skin. Niall sat up but remained where he was and pulled out his phone. I fell into my own thoughts while he did whatever it was we did when we were scrolling through our phones. 

“Oh shit,” Niall said.

“What?” I asked. He stared up at me wide eyed and with a suspicious look.

“Nothing.”  

“Alright then,” I shrugged, aware that he was lying but choosing to ignore it. We didn’t say anything else until Harry came out of the bathroom. He was looking at me with fear in his eyes, and I could tell he was in the state of trying to keep his calm when we all knew he could blow any second. 

“Thank god,” I said and rushed to the loo. Whatever was bothering Harry could wait. I needed to freshen up straight away, I could literally feel the dirt all over me and I hated to feel disgusting. 

In the shower I could hear my phone going wild, like out of control constant ringing and message receiving. I tried to block out the distraction while letting hot steam fill my ears rather than the thoughts of my hectic life style. I had so much to worry about all the time and it was a lot of pressure. Especially for a twenty-year old guy who just wanted to be a teacher. Yet somehow I ended up in one of the biggest boy bands in the world, and somehow I had met some amazing people along that path. Madison being the first to come to mind. For some reason I had a gut feeling she was what all this tense acting was from Harry and Niall, and why my phone wouldn’t shut up right now. When I was finally satisfied with my cleanliness and ready to face the world I got out and was immediately greeted with a new phone call. It was Madison. I didn’t feel the need to call her back right away, I took my time getting ready and drying off. Besides, being on the other end of the waiting for you line would be good for her. I was constantly having to call her, text her first, ask her what she was doing, put effort into this. She did little to show her affection, and I understood she had reasons for keeping her distance, but every now and then she should have to feel that pain. And it wasn’t like I was purposely ignoring her.

(Madison’s P.O.V.)

He was purposely avoiding me, there was no way he wasn’t. I had called him about a hundred times and there was no response to any of them. He was also avoiding all texts and even pleas from Noah to call back and understand it was a mistake. Probably one of the biggest ones I had ever made and would ever make, but would never happen again. I regretted it the second that flash went off and I realized this was going to effect other people. It was going to effect HIM. I regretted it after I managed to get my clothes back on and run to the crowd of other running teenagers. And especially in the moment Noah and Ella found me and started asking if I was okay, if I was hurt, if I needed help, and I just started crying. Right in the middle of all the chaos going on around us I started sobbing like a child and I had never hated myself that much until then. Noah got me to my feet properly and half-carried me while I stumbled along and Ella kept us moving while staying on the look out for cops, and in my head I hoped she would also look out for paparazzi. We managed to make it back to Ella’s house after finally finding the car and arguing over who was the most sober to drive. The end result was Ella, but she was scared since she was only on her beginner’s permit.