Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven: It Should Be Fine

(Madison's P.O.V.)

I enjoyed the rest of the day sitting outside in the backyard by my tree. I had half a sandwich for dinner, hoping my mom wouldn't notice any less food in the cupboards. After that I snuck into my room and anxiously awaited my mom to return home. When she did, I could hear her make noise in the kitchen before walking past my room. She didn't even stop next to my door. I let out a breath of relief, glad that I had made it. One night at least, I was good for one night. After that I let my eyes drift closed and sleep take over me. I was really worn out from all the emotions. Holding things in was easy, but opening up and crying is tiring.

I hoped Zayn was doing okay. I had a dream and he was in it, but when I woke up the next day I couldn't remember much of it. All I could see was Zayn's face contorted in pain, and I couldn't help him.

"You can't even help yourself," Harry said sadly.

That was all I remembered.

I checked my phone and saw I had a missed call from Noah. I was surprised my phone hadn't woken me up, but I decided not to question it. I called him back to see what he wanted.

"Hey, how are you doing?" he asked.

"I'm okay. Nothing new has happened yet."

"Yeah? How was your meet with Harry?"

"That was good. I told him.. Everything."

"Even the stuff you don't tell me."

"No, just what you know."

"So Styles and I are on the exact same page?"

"Yep."

"Huh. It took me forever to get you to talk. But it takes him like three meets and you're willing to tell him everything."

"He heard a lot over the phone. And he's trustworthy."

"He better be. If he tells the world about you, I will go kick his ass personally."

"That won't be necessary. But if it did... I'd be by your side."

"We'd totally be able to beat him up."

I laughed, both of us knowing Harry would have high security and he works out. Thanks to Ella we know that.

"So there's a party tonight, I was hoping you'd come with me."

"Oh gosh Noah, is that a good idea?"

"It'll be okay. Just don't leave my side."

"Alright," I sighed, "Harry told me not to though."

"You need to loosen up a little. You've been under a lot of stress. Let it go for a night."

"Okay."

"Awesome! Come to my house by eight."

"I'll leave now."

"See you soon!"

"Yeah."

I changed into clothes more appropriate for a party, then grabbed a small purse and made the walk to Noah's house. Noah was right, I needed a night to let go.

(Zayn's P.O.V.)

The boys drove me to the airport and I booked a flight that would get me to Madison by tomorrow night. Harry kept giving me worried looks, but he kept quiet with whatever was on his mind. The other boys were so glad I was active. They didn't notice the looks Harry was giving me or the fake attitude I had. They suspected nothing.