Anesthetic

Later in the night, after hours of tiredly scrolling through his phone (taking advantage of the free, but shitty Wi-Fi), the nurse returned once again, letting Matt know that the surgery is over. Mello has already fallen asleep beside Matt, and he had to wake him.

"(f/n)'s in ward 456, you can sit beside her hospital bed if you wish."

Matt and Mello nodded.

"Okay then, follow me."

The nurse led them up pristine stairs. They walked up four floors, and turned a corner, into an equally white and pristine hall, lit by fluorescent lights. The nurse walked up to the door near the end of the hall, and opened it, beckoning Matt and Mello to come inside.

The nurse, then led them to a bed at the end of the room, right next to a window. Two plain, black chairs were placed beside the bed.

"(f/n) will return back to consciousness once the anesthesia wears off."

The nurse left, leaving Matt and Mello alone with you. Matt looks down at you, and winced at the sight of all the tubes attached to your arms. You were also plugged into a heart monitor. One could hear your steady, rhythmic heartbeat if they stood beside the bed. Matt gently presses his left ear against your rising and falling chest. He prefers to hear your true heartbeat than the robotic beeps of the heart monitor. Mello stands beside Matt, softly gazing at your peaceful, sleeping self. He ran his fingers through your silky, (h/c) hair. Although he wasn't allowed to, Matt tenderly pressed his lips against yours. You stirred a bit. Matt pulled away.

"Please hang in there." They both whispered.

                                                         ------------------------------------------------------------

You slowly open your eyes, sunlight peaked into the room. You rub your eyes, and look around the white, hospital room. You turn to your left and see Mello and Matt sitting on chairs beside your bed.

"Where the hell am I?" You sleepily mumbled.

"Well, you sort of had a heart-attack and went unconscious on us, so they had to wheel in an extra stretcher and rush you to the hospital." Matt explained.

You tiredly nodded, lacking the energy to freak out, or show the slightest hint of shock. Your eyes widen as you look down at the tubes attached to your arm. You caught a glimpse of your loose, white sleeve and notice that you are dressed in a hospital gown. You rub your eyes once more, no traces of mascara or eye liner stained your hands.

"I guess they have wiped my makeup clean and dressed me in a hospital gown." You assume.

"I guess the anesthesia hasn't completely worn off yet, you're still tired." Said Mello.

You nodded. "I guess so."

You feel a dull pain in your chest, it felt like it has been cut open.

"Oh, and they had to perform an open-heart surgery on you, if it doesn't freak you out." Said Matt.

"Well, that explains the slight pain."

You turn around, facing away from Matt and Mello. Something has been troubling you from last night. You could have sworn, you felt someone press their lips against yours and run their fingers through your hair. It would have most likely been Matt. You turn to face Matt again.