Rehabilitate

"What is it, Mello?" You ask.

"...Well...I like you... I have liked you ever since we first met at Wammy's House."

You wore a surprised look on your face.

"I'm sorry, Mello." You look down at the crisp, white sheets.

"No, it's okay. I know-we all know you're with Matt. I glad to be your close friend."

"I guess... But you should have told me earlier. I-mean, you've kept it from me for all those years." You softly speak.

"Matt, did you know about this?" You ask.

Matt nods.

"Near also knows, well, he sort of figured it out himself." Said Mello.

You nod, and look out at the scenery through the open window. An evening silhouette of LA spreads out before you, past the sleek, white hospital building. You're unsure on what else to say.

"The item of L's, what is it anyways?" Mello asks.

"Right, the item, the whole point of why I even bothered to put so much effort into solving the case. I can't believe I forgot all about it."

"I don't know. But I heard someone from Wammy's house is keeping the item safe. It was the very first thing we asked Roger when he woke up." Said Near.

"And, the person is coming here soon to deliver the item. Apparently, it can repair our ties, and fix our mental state."

"Like L's stories." You add.

Near nods.

"That person is also running the orphanage when Roger went missing. She's said to be the back-up Roger."  

You suddenly hear the same clicks of the nurse's flats echoing down the call, starting towards the room. The nurse arrives at the doorway, with a familiar blue-eyed strawberry blonde girl in pigtails firmly clutching a sketchbook beside her. She also has a brown shoulder bag slung over her left shoulder.

"(f/n), you have another visitor, Linda."

"Well, speak of the Devil!" Exclaims Matt.

Linda warmly waved at you guys. You all wave back.

"Very well then, I'll attend to the other patients." The nurse left.

"(F/N)!" Linda runs up to you and hugs you tightly.

"Linda, I can't believe you've come to visit us!" You exclaim.

You and Linda were great friends back at Wammy's House, although she's kind to everyone, even the weirder, outcasts like Near. And in return, all the Wammy's kids adored her. Besides, she is one kick-ass artist, and would often prance around the orphanage, drawing portraits of the children in her sketchbook.

Linda then, hugs Mello, Matt and Near.

"So, how are you?" Asks Matt.

"I'm fine, just a bit jet-lagged though." She points to her eye-bags.

"So, how are things going with you and Matt?" Linda softly nudges you in the arm.

"Things have been going well."

"Are you two planning to get engaged, or married, or anything?"