Chapter 16: Without You

Real quick, so like I don't know how but Greyson got changed to Grayson and Fin got changed to Finn I don't even know what was going on in my head just ignore it, I'll be editing soon. I love y'all and thanks! -B

I can only imagine what Brin is going through. I fucked up. I fucked up bad. I feel like shit. I really did love her but my actions proved otherwise.

  "Greyson." Mommy called.
"Yeah."
"What's going on? Where's Brin and where's the Greyson I know?"
"We got drunk one night and I accidentally slept with another girl."
"And where's B?"
"She's still in L.A."
"Why?"
"She wants a new start and she doesn't want to see my face."
"And you? Where did you go."
"To the freezer." I pointed with my thumb to the walk in freezer behind me.
"No. Where is the Grayson I know?"
"He got left back in L.A. When he lost the love of his life."
"Greyson." She hugged me.
"If you love her why did you walk away? Why didn't you fight for her? Why didn't you try to get her back? She means everything to you but you are not showing her that." Mommy was right. I ran home to Summerton like turtle in his shell. I needed to get her back. One way or another. And my whole plan to buy Juliet bakery isn't exactly working. She's gonna get the wrong idea.

  "Brin...?" I asked.
"You bought Juliet!?"
"Yeah, how did you find out?"
"You knew that was my dream. Why would you take that away from me!?"
"I-"
"Grayson that was one thing I held on to my whole life. How could you do that?" She hung up on me.
"That wasn't the plan." I threw my arm down from my ear. The plan was to rename it Meea More and propose when I showed her. This is bad. I kicked my bed in anger. What have I done?

  "Can we just go?" I asked Sarah and Maddie.
"Yeah." Sarah nodded. I rolled my suitcase to the front door.
"I love you have a good time." Emit says.
"Meea more." I kissed his cheek and my phone rang. Little did I know that call was about to compromise the whole trip.
"Hello?"
"Junior couldn't breathe!" Jake yelled.
"Slow down what?"
"She just stopped!"
"Where are you right now?!"
"Ambulance."
"Oh my god. I'm coming ok? Hang in there. I'm coming!"
"What's going on?" Emit asked.
"Junior stopped breathing."
"Let's go!" He yelled as we ran to the car.

  After 5 hours we made it to the hospital. I ran inside leaving everyone in the car.
"Finnegan Garrett." I said.
"Who are you?"
"His aunt."
"Room 492."
"Thank you." I ran down the hall and opened the door.
"How is he?" I asked Kendall.
"He's not mine." He says shaking his head.
"How is he?" I asked.
"He had an asthma attack. He's on oxygen, let him rest." I hugged him.
"You really want to leave us!? Your family?" He asked.
"No." I shook my head.

  I was in the waiting room lobby, falling asleep in Sarah's shoulder.
"I'm calling it." A doctor says.
"Time of death?"
"5:34, Scarlett Declan." I looked up. Did they just say Scarlett Declan? I walked over to the doctor.
"Did you say Scarlett Declan?"
"Yes." I covered my face.
"What happened?" I asked as my voice cracked.
"Cardiac arrest."
"Oh my gosh." I walked to Sarah, she had her headphones in.
"What?" She asked.
"Come here." I took her hand.
"Is junior ok?"
"Your mom." I say crying.
"What's wrong with mommy?"
"That doctor said that she just had a cardiac arrest." She looked at me with the eyes of a gold fish.
"Mom?" She fell to the ground.
"I'm so sorry." I hugged her.
"Mom!" She yelled.
"Sarah I'm so sorry." She cried on my shoulder. This whole month has been shit. Absolute shit!

  "Just say it. Let it out." Kendall says.
"Ok, my boyfriend cheats on me."
"Yeah."
"Then I meet my mom and found out I've been living a lie."
"Yeah."
"Emit moves."
"That was bad."
"Hawaii is canceled. Junior is in the hospital."
"I know."
"And I most mommy." The triplets hugged me.
"I'm sorry B. We miss her too." Finn said. Dad and Ari sat next to Finn with junior in their lap.
"On the bright side Emit's gonna be an uncle." I say. I leaned my head on him.
"Yeah." He whispered. At that moment the only thing I wanted more was Grayson holding me in his arms and telling me we are gonna get through this. That what is happening is shit but there is going to be sunshine in the future. And it's gonna light up the world with hope, joy, and love. Radiating off us with a smile. That is what get me through everything. That is what make everything feel better for just a moment. Or more if you're lucky.