Plans for War

Alana and Alec find themselves in a very familiar situation, with a very unfamiliar twist. 

"Hold your arms out Alana," Alec says, taking various measurements along her arms, wings, and fingers when she complies. He jots the notes down on a large paper, slowly working up a blueprint. 

"What on Earth are you doing son?" Heira asks, being unused to the way Alana and Alec work together.

Alana chuckles with a dry sort of humor, "He is making some adjustments to my wings, among other things." 

"What kind of things?" Heira continues asking her questions, still remaining confused no matter how often the patient Chaste-Seraph explained.

"Weapons mother," Alec interrupts, not having Alana's patience with the woman. Heira seems touched at his use of 'mother' while at the same time pestered by his inadequate description. 

"What kind of weapons?" 

Alec sighs, giving Alana an exasperated look. Alana herself simply smiles, amused by the constant banter between the two. 

"That is what he's figuring out ma'm," Alana explains. 

"How is writing numbers and poking at your arms figuring it out?" Heira says, impatient to see results.

"You shall see," Alana laughs, "for now, enjoy the mystery." 

Alec grumbles to himself, turning to his blueprint and narrowing his focus away from the two women.

Heira takes the moment to say to Alana, "You are quite nice to my son."

"He is nice to me, it is only the right thing to do."

Heira waves off her polite explanation, "Ah cattle crap." Alana laughs at the local slang, knowing it to be quite the offense in most areas. 

"You and my son, you are close." Heira continues on, despite the look Alec throws at her over his shoulder, "You think him handsome, yes?" 

"Mother!" Alec's face turns a deep red and he shakes his head. Hoping to pacify the two women, and change the topic, Alec brings the rough blueprint from the table and two their attention. 

"Now, as you can see, not much change will be made to the wings," he runs his fingers over the very tip point of one of Alana's outstretched wings, "except a sharpened point here for use when fighting other flying Seraph." 

The thought of fighting her own kind had sickened Alana at first, but her point of view was altered when she realized that she was less Seraph and more human than anything. 

"Along with that, there are some other things that need to be adjusted to allow for mobility in any sort of complicated maneuver."

Alec continues to explain the minor adjustments to the top layer of Amarithium feathers, most of the technical terms unknown to both Heira and Alana.

None the less, the job was completed and over the next few weeks Alana was fitted for war.