Haunted

Alec's hands clench on the wooden arm rests of the chair, his heart racing as he answer's the Sage's question, "I wish to know the fate of Alana." 

The Sage's eyes slide shut, her head laying on Alec's chest as she listens to the thrumming of his heart beats. After a long, tense moment, she sits up strait, her knee coming up to press against Alec's throat in a smooth, threatening motion. 

"Tell me, Mere-Laets," the  sage's voice whispers through him with no movement on her lips, seeming to echo in his skull, "what you feel for the young Rela-Alana." 

Flashes of his memories of Alana flash through Alec's mind, tinted with various shades of violet and grey. Along with the visions, the emotions come rushing back to him, leaving him numb and shaky. 

"Tell me, Mere-Laets, tell me!" the sage's voice raises in a demanding tone, sending twinges of pain through Alec's flashbacks that felt all too real. 

The words are unwillingly ripped from his very being, as if he would die had he not gasped out, "I love her." 

The Sage's hostility evaporates in a quick motion as she takes a stunned step back. 

"Love?" she whispers, touching a finger to her lips and staring at Alec with a curious expression. 

Alec's eyes slide shut, his vision fading to black. 

--

"What have you done?" a calm voice asks, followed by a cool hand being pressed against the unconscious Alec's forehead. 

"He asked me for answers, and so I sought the answers,"  the sage's voice replies, once again elegant and flowing. 

Alec's eyes flicker open slowly, the two figured standing over him noticing. 

"Then I will leave you to your work, sage." the Seraph bows his head to her and leaves the room. 

Alec's gaze burns into the Sage's back as she turns his back to him, her dress rippling around her in waves, "You asked me, Mere-Laets, the fate of Rela-Alana."

Alec sits up, his head spinning, "Aye, I did." The sage turns back to him, helping him rise from the chair. 

"This I cannot tell you, for you are too entangled in her future." Alec was unsure whether to be elated that he was a part of her life, or frustrated with the sage for denying him the information. 

"I only wish to know if she will survive the war!" he growls, his anger and impatience sparked.

"Do not ask for that which you should not know," the sage replies, ushering him out of her home, "Now, be gone! And quit this nonsenseMere-Laets.  If you keep seeking me out you will find that not all solutions are better than the problem."