Now what?

"But dear..." Heira says to Alana, "why come to us?"

Alana takes a deep breath and responds, "Us Guardians tend to become distant from the other Seraphs, and for good reason, but that means most of the others don't know what the other Seraphs are doing."

A light comes into Alana's eyes, full of grim determination, "They will take time to find, but thankfully we have some time. After all, the Seraphs have an immortal view on time. They will argue possibly for another year. The problem is, it could take just as long to find the Guardians, and even longer after that to prepare for what could happen next." 

"What can we do to help?" Heira asks, a look equal to Alana's in her eyes. Alec finds a new respect for his step mother, seeing her as the woman his father had described; loyal and fierce. 

A smile stretches across Alana's face, "You are human, and I have been blind in the past to not see the advantages of this. You aren't perfect, and so have learned to not only evolve yourselves, but to adapt the environment to your needs. Right now, that need is to stop possibly the bloodiest war Earth has ever seen." 

"War?" Alec asks, speaking up for the first time since Alana had begun her explanation. 

Alana turns her gaze to him, "If I know my kind, they will come to the decision of violence. They seek to exterminate the human race. From what I know of your kind, you will not simply roll over and die."

"That," Heira says as she stands and dusts her hands off on her apron, "is very much true. If the devils want a fight, then it's a fight they'll get!"

Neither Alana nor Alec pointed out that it was the angels, rather then the devils, that would be causing the bloodshed.

At this point in time, there seemed no difference.