Chapter 16

Chapter 16

He sat to me one day after I had learned his secret.

"You don't have to fear me. I won't do anything to you. I promise," David swore across his heart.

"I'm not afraid of you. I'm afraid that because I love you, I will become like you."

He grabbed me. "Jess, you don't have to be like me. I would never want you to be like me at all." I snuggled into his embraced as we passed the day without troubles.

_____________________

"You must choose. Death or Immortality," King Cody was staring at me. What do I do?

David looked at me. He had tears coming down. I know I had no other choice, but to say what they wanted me to say.

"I will choose..."

"I'll change her." Queen Juliet walked into the room. She grabbed me by the arm and pulled me into Michael's study.

"You have to run with David. Never show your face in front of this family again." David came running into the room. He pulled me into a hug. With his hand on my head and his other on my lower back, I conclude he thought I would've died.

"What are you doing here stupid?"

"Getting you stupid," I say into his shoulder, tears running down my face.

"Did you know how much you scared me tonight?"

"I'm sorry," I cried in his embrace. I was with him now. That's all that matters.

"Hurry," Queen Juliet rushed us out the door.

"Thank you My Lady," we both said as we rushed out the door.

On the way back home, I didn't let go of David. The tears kept flowing until we got to the airport, then I flew asleep, in his arms. We had arrived home, and my mom was outside.

"Jess, are you okay?"

"Mom," David carried me to my room, as my parents followed right behind him.

"What happened to her?"

David had me tucked in, and turned to my mother.

"When she came to get me, she fainted. She's probably still tired from the flight."

My mom nodded her head. David kissed my forehead right before he left. That night my sweet dreams were only nightmares.