Chapter 19

Chapter 19
David shook me. “Jess, Jess, Jess.” I slowly opened my eyes. “We’re in Australia. We should be able to say here into Michael calls us.” I looked at him kind of funny.
“Michael?”
“Yeah, he’ll tell me when we can go back, but I don’t think we’ll be able to stay at home for long afterwards.” He grabbed my arm and helped me up from my seat, on the airplane. We went to a place and stayed there for a while.
It’s been about two weeks, and we haven’t heard a thing from Michael. David called Michael last night, and he said, “They’re still here.”
I had to call my mother, but she didn’t answer the first time. However, the second call, my mother didn’t answer, but someone else did.
“Hello,” unfamiliar voiced answered.
“Hello? Is my mother there?” I was really concerned, since I told mom not to let anyone in.
“She is. However, King Cody would like you to return home. Therefore, you can be the sacrifice.”
I heard the phone being passed to someone else. “Hello Jessica.”
It was King Cody. ‘He’s at my house. Oh my god, what do I do?’
“Hey, mom,” I said through the phone, walking into the bathroom away from David.
“My dear child, do you know that running from me is never an option?”
“I know. I should be home real soon. We’re packing right now.”
“That’s a good girl. When you get here, I want you to go to the park without David.”
“Of course, Mom. I’ll call you when I get home.”
“Then, it is settled. See you tomorrow.”
“Alright. Bye Mom.”
I hung up the phone and walked into the room with David waiting for me. “You ready?”
I nodded my head. We started to head back home. What will be waiting for me there? Will I change? Is that what they want? Or is it that sacrifice? I don’t know, but I never told David anything.
We had arrived home. I had dropped my stuff at and my parents were fine. “I’ll see you tomorrow, okay?” David asked.
“Yeah,” I lied. He kissed my cheek and got back in his car. As he was driving away, I had got into my car and called King Cody.
“Yes?”
“I’ll be there in 15 minutes.”
“Okay.”
I, again, hung up the phone, and drove to the park. When I got out of my car, I walked into the center of the park. I remember meeting David here when he first came back home, after disappearing.
All of a sudden, I was surrounded by members of the Royals. King Cody and Queen Juliet slowly came in front of me. “Jessica, are you ready?”
“Why? Why am I the one that has to be the sacrifice?”
“It’s because of your blood.” King Cody smiled. Queen Juliet looked away, as though she didn’t want to be here. “During this ceremony, however, you’ll be poison with our venom. Therefore, you will become one of us.”
I looked at him. Either way I look at this. I will die or be a vampire tomorrow morning.