Chapter Two

I woke up, and my room was felt different. I don't know what was different about it, but I knew it was different. I got up and got into the shower. It felt refreashing to take a shower.

As soon as I got out, “Jessica, someone is at the door for you.” I hurried and got dressed. When I went downstairs to the front door, I saw David. “Hey, I didn't know when I should come over, so I came now.” I was shocked because I thought it was Jackie that was at the door. “Oh, I didn't know you were coming over.” “Yeah. I thought since we missed each other so much maybe I could come see you again.” “Yeah, it's okay. Let me go see if I can leave the house.” 

I thought it was weird that he came over so early in the morning. “Mom, can I go with my friend somewhere? I'll be back for lunch.” It was alread nine thirty in the morning. “Yeah, but be sure you're back by noon.” That gives me two and a half hours. “Thank you, Mom.” I hurried to the door, “Hey, my mom said I could go. I have to get something from my room.” “Okay, I'll stay right here, until you come back.”

I rushed upstairs to grab my purse and my phone. I checked my text messages as I went down to the door. I got a text from Jackie. She wants me to call her when I get the chance. I wonder what she wants, I thought. I ran down the stairs and went straight to the door. “Bye, Mom.” I went out the door and closed it behind me. I was such in a hurry that I ran into David outside. “Ow, are you okay?”  “Yeah, I'm fine. Why did you run out of your house that fast?” I looked up at him. He still had his arms on my waist keeping me up. “I was trying to make you not wait so long for me.” “Oh,” he said. 

He let go of me and showed me to his car. He held the car door for me and I got into it. Once he got in, he turn the car on and drove away. In the car, we were quiet. He didn't say anything to me, or me him. He drove and I looked out the window. He grabbed my hand while he drove. I looked at him and then his hand. “What?” “Oh, nothing.” I looked out the window. 

When we arrived at the park, he hurried to my door to open it. “Thanks.” “Your welcome.” We walked to the swings, and we sat down on the swings. We sat on the swings for an hour in silents. “Jessica?” I looked at David, who had his head down. “Yeah,” I asked. “I was wondering, do you know how my parents died.” How did he know about that? “They died by some kind of animal attack.” He sighed and looked away. “David?” He looked at me, “Yeah?” “I was wondering if you have a girlfriend.” 

When we were kids, I had the huggest crush on him. Because of the crush, my grief over his death was terrible. My parents didn't know what to do. I was crying way to much. I cried myself to sleep for 3 years. He was my best friend too. 

“I do not have a girlfriend.” “Oh.” “Why do you ask?” I looked down and away from him. “I wanted to tell you this for a long time now, David.” “What is it, Jessica?” “I've always... liked ...,” “You always liked who?” I didn't know if I should tell him now, because we just got connected again yesterday. “I've always liked you, David.” I was looking at my feet. We were still on the swings. “Jessica?” I looked at him. “I was waiting for you to tell me that for years. Jessica, I've always liked you, too.” I started to blush. “Well, then, what do we do about this?” “We can date?” I can't believe my ears. Did he say what I think he said, I thought. I blushed again while saying, “Yes.” When I got home, I wrote in my diary.

Tuesday, May 3rd

Dear Diary,

    Today was the best day ever! David came back yesterday, and today he asked me out. I've been waiting for him to do that for years. I love him he is the best. 3/3 <3

Jessica Smith