chapter 4

David came and got me at noon. We just got into his car, when he said, “You want to meet my family?”

“I can't. They died.”

“Not the Jacob's. My vampire family.”

I looked down still nervous about all of this. “I don't think that would be a great idea.”

“Why not?”

I honestly didn't want be here. Truthfully, I'm scared about this date. Going to see his new parents, it is kind of scary. I wasn't going tell him that I am truly scared, so I gave a quick and easy answer.

“You guys are going to eat me, right?”

He laughed. “Why would we do that?”

I looked at him confused. “ You are a vampire, right?”

“Yeah, but whatever you're reading had bad theories. Do you still want to meet them?”

“Who am I meeting?”

“My mother, Kendra, and my sister, Kelsey.”

“Oh,” I said, nervously.

He must have read my face to well, because he said, “Hey.” He came closer to my face, “I'm not going to let anything happen to you.”

I slapped his face. “Get away from me.”

He went moved back to his spot. What am I doing? I love David, don't I? Why am I doing this? Is it really because I'm more scared then my own love for him? I don't know what's going on with me!

He drive in silence. I knew he wanted to say something, but he was to worried to hurt my feelings again. We drove into a driveway, and I, maybe even he, could hear my heart beating faster than lightning.

David got out first and came to open my door for me. “This is my place.”

“It's very pretty.”

“Thanks,” he said, holding out his hand. “Come on,” he said, pulling me with towards the house. I stopped, before he could drag me into the house. “What?”

“I really don't think this is a good idea.”

“Why?”

I guess I'm going to tell him the truth. “David, I'm scared.”

He looked at my face, “I know, but I'll be here, I won't hurt you.”

“Really?”

“Yeah. I will never hurt you, Jess.” He grabbed my hands, and he pulled me into the front door. “Mom, I'm home.”

“Alright,” a women said coming downstairs.

“Mom, this is Jessica Adams. Jess, this is my mom, Kendra.”

Kendra was very beautiful. With her long brown hair, and her beautiful brown eyes, she really looked like David a little bit. “Nice to meet you Jessica. Dave, did you tell your...”

“Why do I smell a human in this house?”

“I guess you didn't tell Kelsey.”

“No, because I know her opinion on this.”

A girl with blonde hair and brown eyes came downstairs. Her eyes popped out of her. “What the heck is she here?” She hissed at me.

I backed up into David. “I'm... I'm sorr...sorry,” I studdered.

David pushed me behind him. “Kelsey, she's important to me, so you better not do anything stupid.”

“Why would I hurt a beautiful young lady?”

“I mean you have before, so why not?”

“Shut up, David!” She hissed at him and cam at him in super speed. I mean it was fast. David got her neck, before she could even touch a finger on him and me. David pulled her ,by the neck, outside. Once they were outside, he let go of her.

He hissed and said, “You ever try and attack her, I will personally kill you. I don't care if your my sister or not. You will not hurt my Jessica.”

“WHO SAID SHE WAS YOUR'S?”

“I DID! DON'T TOUCH HER, KELSEY!”

I backed up a little more and bumped into Kendra. “David, calm down. No ones going to hurt her. However, she knows David. She's not supposed to know."

“I know, but I couldn't lie to her.”

“Were you planning on change her?”

“No,” he said turning back towards the house, where Kendra and I were. “If I did, I wouldn't be forgiven by God.”

“He still believes in that crap?”

“Kelsey, shut you mouth. Why don't you come with me. Sorry, Jessica for everything, but I had things to do today, so I'll take my smart talking daughter with me.”

“It's okay,” I said.

“It was very nice to meet you. Kelsey, be nice and say goodbye.”

Kelsey looked at me, “I'm sorry, goodbye.” Then, she walked to the a brownish looking car and got into it. Kendra followed behind her. They drove away, and David and me were silent they entire time.

“Hey,” he said, holding out his hand. “Let's go on a date.”

“What?”

“I met you parents, and you met mine. Let's go somewhere other than here. I'll explain everything to you.”

I looked at him, “Okay, but what are you going to tell me?”

“The Royals,” he said. It was like he didn't like them.

“Who are the Royals?”

We got into his car, and he started to tell me everything.