Chapter 18

Chapter 18
I sat in my desk chair, staring at my phone. I was waiting for him. Will he call me? Where is he? Why did he leave?
*Ring, Ring, Ring*
My phone vibrated in my hand. I had thought it was David, but it was Michael.
"Hello?" I asked.
"Jessica, where are you?" He questioned.
"I'm at home, why?"
"I think you should leave your house." He sounded so concern. Why did he sound so worried?
"Why?" I was confused. Then, I caught on. "They're coming?"
"Yes," he said, "hurry."
I hung up the phone and packed my bags. I filled my bags with 2 weeks of clothes. Then, I called David. It kept ringing, but he wasn't answering. He didn't answer the phone, until call 12. "Hello?"
"David? They're coming. We got to go."
"I'm coming now. I want you to stay in your house, until I get there. They can't get you without an invitation to come inside the house."
"Alright, hurry. I continued to pack my bags and grabbed my passport. I heard footsteps coming towards my bedroom door. My mom walked in. "Where are you going?"
I looked at her. "Mom, do you trust me?"
"Of course I do, sweetheart." She had a pale face. I knew she was worried. I could tell. I guess it's just one of things kids know about their moms.
I grabbed her cold, shivering hand, "Mom, don't let anyone in unless you know them."
She looked at me confused. "Jessica, where are you going?"
I kissed her cheek, "I'll be back in a week or so."
"Jess," David called for me. He grabbed my bag and carried it to his car. "Mrs. Adams, can I take you daughter to meet my Grandmother?" All I could think was, 'how the hell did he come up with that story so fast?'
My mom eyes went from mine to his. I wonder what she was thinking. Did she trust David to take care of me? "I need you to promise me you'll be safe."
"I promise, Mom," I kissed her cheek and hugged her. "I'll see you later. I love you, Mom."
I walked to David's car and got in. He went to the trunk and put my stuff in there. Sliding into the driver's seat, David started the car. Then, he pulled out.
We drove a long time in silence. During these silent moments I had, I thought about if change would be better than to run away. I guess I had fallen asleep, because the next thing I knew, I was on airplane, with David beside me.
He noticed that I had awakened. He looked at me, "Are you alright?"
"Yeah, where did you go, when you left my house?"
He looked at me and grabbed my hand. "I was getting my stuff. I was on my way back, when Michael sopped me. He told me that they were coming to your house, so I hurried to you. Are you mad?"
I looked at him and put my head on his shoulder. "No, but don't leave me."
"I won't ever leave you." He put his head on mine.
I had fallen back asleep. We should be fine now, but should I just become a vampire?