Chapter 25 - The Psychopath

-------------------------
Ricks Point Of View
-------------------------

"Could you guys give me a minute with him?" I asked. Daryl and Merle both gave me confused looks.

"I don't think that's a good idea Rick..." Daryl said. "The bastard already stabbed me, we shouldn't even be anywhere near him now."

"He's a good man." I started.

"Obviously he ain't!" Merle yelled. "He kidnapped and stabbed Daryl! Call that a good man?"

"He wasn't like this before!" I yelled, getting fed up with Merle. "He was just a man looking after his kid!" I pointed to the writing on the wall that said 'Duane Turned.' "Don't you think that would fuck you up?! Trying to protect your kid, but they still slipped away from you in the end?! That was his reason for living Merle! He had already lost his wife! Now don't bullshit me into thinking he's a bad person!" I lowered my voice because I felt tears forming. "Because he's not. And I know just how he feels."

Daryl and Merle just stared at me without speaking.

I sat down in a wooden chair and put my head in my hands. I pinched the bridge of my nose and sighed.

"Just, please." I said, my head still in my hands. "Give me some time alone with him." I looked up at the brothers. They nodded slowly, knowing I needed time alone.

Merle wrapped his arm around Daryl and helped him out of the building.

I looked around the room. There were so many weapons and drawing on the walls. He was stocked with weapons. Guns, knifes, bows, arrows, and crossbows filled the room. Why would Morgan need all of these weapons? It's just him now.

Oh Morgan... What happened to you?

------------------------------
Amelia's Point Of View
------------------------------

Carl and I approached the building to see the Dixon brothers sitting on the concrete. Daryl stood up as he saw me. I sprinted over to him and embraced him in a hug. He hesitated for a moment then wrapped his arms around me.

"Jesus Daryl," I muttered into his chest. "Don't ever run off like that. You scared the shit out of me."

I took my arms from around him and saw his bandaged thigh.

"What the hell happened to you?!" I asked.

"Oh," Daryl muttered, looking at his thigh. "some bastard stabbed me."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Why would some guy stab you?"

"I dunno, go ask em." Daryl pointed to the building beside us. "Rick's up there with em right know."

"Wait." I said holding my hand up. "You're telling me that Rick is up there with some guy we don't know? The guy that just so happened to stab Daryl?"

"Yeah," Merle said. I was so caught up in talking to Daryl I almost forgot him and Carl were there. "Whatcha gonna do bout it Sugar Tits?" He smirked at me.

 Daryl turned around and glared at Merle. Carl and I did the same thing. God, this asshole gets on my nerves.

 "I'm going to go check on Rick." I said, still giving Merle the death glare. "Be right back." I feel Daryl grab my shirt sleeve. I turn and look at him.

"Be careful Am." Daryl said. He sounds worried.

"I'll be fine Daryl." I said.

"Ughhhhh," Merle groans. "Just go already, we can do without this lovey dovey shit." He rolls his eyes.

I give Merle the death glare once again and walk inside the building, dodging the death traps along the way.

 By the time I reached Rick he was clutching his shoulder with red blood seeping through his fingers. I immediately pulled out my gun and pointed it at this mystery man.

"WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON IN HERE?!" I screamed at them. They glanced at me then at each other. "WELL?!"

Rick was the one who spoke.

"Amelia! Thanks for joining us. This is Morgan and he just tried to kill me."