The Thought of Reality Hurts

Chapter 9 

I made my way into Josh's room in his billowy band tee and clean boxer shorts. It was nice to get into comfortable clothing. It was 3:12 A.M. in the morning and I was exhausted. I smiled tiredly as I walked into the room to find Josh just laying on the bed, eyes half opened and half closed. He immediately popped his eyes open and sat up when I walked in.

"Hey. I'm really tired blue jay. I think I'm just going to hit the sack." I said exhaustion audible in my voice while I sat on the edge of my bed and fluffed the pillow.

"Alright beautuful. That's fine... I'm not sure what I'm doing though. I'll probably just watch you sleep." He smiled honestly. I thought his insomnia was horrible and I felt bad for him, but in a way it was kind of cute. I grinned so wide to the point that my eyes squeezed shut. All of a sudden in a rush of emotion, my eyes swelled and I felt hot tears cascading down my cheek as my smile subsided. 

<Josh's POV>

I glanced over at Sarahanne, and to my suprise, she was crying. I quickly moved over to comfort her shaking body.

"Beautiful, what's the matter darling?" I whispered barely audible words into her soft hair which smelled of Axe from her taking a shower. She didn't say anything. In response I received a louder cry and her moving so she could cry into my chest. I didn't know what to do. Instead, I just let her grip my back and shoulder and soak my tee shirt. I pushed back my blue hair with a thrust of my head. Hearing her cry made me uncomfortable. I wanted her to be happy. I wanted to see her laugh and smile, but I think right now she needed a comfort source rather than an interrogator. I wouldn't push the many questions I had. I stroked her hair in a continuous motion.

I felt my chest vibrate with her words as she confessed, "I jus- just don't want to... to loose you blue jay." I lightly smiled a sad smile at the mention of my nickname and hugged her tighter after I knew what she was talking about. Tomorrow she leaves me. She would go back to her job and raising Kayla on her own, while I continued on tour. I felt hot tears sliding down my cheek after I felt Sarahanne go limp in my arms indicating she fell asleep. I didn't want her to see me cry like some kind of baby. I leaned over to set her light body down. I continued to lift the covers up and over her slightly shaking body. I ran my thumb over her cheeks ridding them of any tears. I placed a gentle kiss on the nape of her neck and ran my fingers one more time over her perfect porcelain skin. Then, to my surprise because of my insomnia, I feel asleep quickly knowing she was at peace and in my protective arms.