Strangled Silence

Chapter 10

<Sarahanne's POV>

I awoke to a light stroking of my hair. I fluttered my eyes open and noticed Josh staring at me lovingly. I gave him a warm smile in response. "Hey there beautiful." He whispered as if he was scared he'd break me with his voice.

<Josh's POV>

I witnessed as Sarahanne propped herself up on her elbows. Seeing her all sleepy, hair tousled and face droopy from a dull night's sleep, made my heart jump into my chest. I breathed her sweet scent in. Witnessing her in her current state felt like I was witnessing perfection waking up. She lightly chuckled at my stare.

"Breakfast?" She asked in an adorable croaky voice. I smiled showing my teeth and shook my head slightly at her piggish needs. The girl never stopped eating and I liked that. I needed someone around me that wasn't obsessed with their weight other than Matt, Ian, and Mike. She wasn't big either. She had perfect proportions to me. I crept my eyes down to her side and could see her curves slightly through my band tee that was a little too big on her. I used to have struggles with anorexia and bulimia. Iv'e overcome it, but sometimes it is still a little hard to keep that little voice in my head under wraps.

"Well I'm starving!" She joked with an amused face and big eyes.

"Yeah. Uh let's see if the guys want to go to Denny's or something." I was a little surprised about how "okay" she was knowing that this was the day reality slapped us in the face.

She seemed to noticed and said matter-of-faculty, "Save the tears for later. For now lets just go and eat." I sadly smiled at how strong she was, but then again she did have a baby at 16 alone. Damn, that pisses me off just thinking about her being in pain and not having someone to hold her hand. I would've been there for her no doubt. The whole thought just makes me want to punch the asshole that knocked her up then fled. What a coward... I thought as I pulled on some skinny jeans on over my black boxers. I checked my hair in my Blackberry screen. I glanced over to see Sarahanne making the bed.

"Oh you don't have t-" I started holding out my hand.

"I want to." She cut me off while looking up at me with arched brows and a smile that barely touched her lips.

"Okay, if you insist." I said finding Sarahanne's clothes. "Here are your clothes Sarahanne." We got ready pretty much in silence, both left alone with our thoughts. We knew this was it... but it had to be... right? I mean I couldn't possibly date a 17 year old with a child and I was on tour, but I eagerly I wanted those obstacles standing in our way to vanish. However, I wasn't a magican. It was time we both face reality. I sighed and asked Sarahanne, "Are you ready to go?," with a small sad smile. She nodded her eyes looking down as I looked at her. It seemed suddenly her shoes were very interesting, or she didn't want to make eye contact with me. I motioned for her to go in front of me. I stepped out of the room behind Sarahanne as she stepped to the side of the tour bus' "living room". All the guys were strwen about the bus gathering phones and grabbing wallets. "Ready to go?" I questioned them all at once.

"Yeah, I think we're just about ready to go." Matt said. Denny's was walking distance, 5 minutes from the tour bus, so we figuered we'd just walk. I grabbed beautiful's hand hesitantly waiting on her limp hand to respond to my touch. She looked up at me with sad eyes as she squeezed back a little reluctantly.

I could hear the boys teasing us from behind, "Oh look at you... Joshy-poo has a girlfrien-poo... Kissy Kissy!"

I knew they were just joking, but when I saw Sarahanne shift uncomfortably and look down I said, "Knock it off back there douchebags." I heard a collective of oooo's and eyy's before they started talking about something to do with baccon. I shook my head lightly. I loved Ian, Mike, and Matt to death, but just like brothers sometimes they can really get fucking annoying. The whole walk was silent between Sarahanne and I so I just studied the wear of my once brand new converse. There was nothing I could do or say to make reality better so I might as well just suck it up and shut up encasing the misery I had in my thoughts.