A Week Later...

<Sarahanne's POV>

I was back home. Same shitty diner job. Same bills coming in every month. Same scenery. It was 9:39 P.M. on the diners microwave. Ugh, three hours and twenty minutes left of my shift. I thought, rolling my eyes.

An hour passed. The diner was empty except for your random customer every once in a while. I sighed when my mind started to day dream and think... STOP!!! I silently scolded myself. It was hard to shut up my thoughts for the past week. I did this this to stay numb and not think about... him.

Another twenty minutes passed. Ow. Okay my head offically felt like someone was stabbing a hundred needles into it. I was just about to stock the staws when I couldn't focous anymore on my stupid task. I ran to the back. I found my stash of asprin and water. I swallowed back three swiging the water in my mouth before swallowing it.

Another hour and a half passed, and damn, my stomach hurt like hell. I thought to myself that I was probably just coming down with something... I asked the manager if I could leave, needing to go home.

"Uh yeah darling... You look extremely pale. Go right on ahead." She eyed me like I was a ghost. I started stumbling home clutching my stomach.

All of a sudden, Blahhh... Woaaaallll... cough... ooulll, I projectile vomit all over the sidewalk. Luckily, there wasn't anyone around. I swiped my hand across my mouth in utter embarrasement. I smack my dry, disgusting lips together. Ewww. It has a... metallic like taste. Uhhh gross! I need to-

My memories cut off my train-of-thought. This is how my vomit tasted when I was pregnant with Kayla.

Oh, absolute shit. My mind raced with a million thoughts as I ran blindly to the nearest pharmacy.

When I approached the 24 hour pharmacy, I told myself to calm down and to stop acting like like I was two. I had twenty dollars in my pocket. I awkwardly walked over to the pregnancy tests and got the one that was the cheapest, most reliable one, to me anyways.

I reached my front door, and opened it quickly, wanting to be swallowed up into the walls. I mumbled swear words all the way to the bathroom. They would've been louder if Kayla wasn't asleep...

I bent down and pissed awkwardly on the stick. I knew what I was doing having to be down this road a couple times, but the nerves and mind racing thoughts remained. Josh was the only person I had sex with in this weeks time. I panicked.

No, no, no, no, no, no, no!!! I chanted in my head over and over like a song on replay as I locked the door and sat on the toliet. I finished peeing on the stick, pulled up my pants and sat on the bathroom counter, anxiously. At the time I didn't even care if the babysitter saw me rushing through the door with pregnancy tests. I was just glad that I avoided conversation with her becuase that would've been really, super awkward.

I played "Lover Dearest" on my mini Nano to calm myself. Hearing Joshs voice always worked to calm me, no matter what situation. I put my head back against the mirror as I waited in calm agonny.

I kept the song playing as I checked the time. It should be ready now. The stick was placed face down on the counter. A single tear escaped me as I slowly turned it over, my chest heaving with struggled breaths...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

End of book ONE

:)Don't be afraid to vote and comment!:)

Author-

Thanks for reading! It means a lot to me. Let me know if you liked and want a second book. <3

Email: poohsie17@hotmail.com