Chapter eight

It was a saturday morning when I decided to make my mission to find out all about that house, the people in it, how did Cedric and Loren found each other and if they have a hand in what happened. And I wanted to know who's Ezab and what Elias is working on.

Maybe I should start by making Nina and Rose less depressed, I made them breakfast and waited until they woke up, looking back now at everything I was going through this maze one way or another it's like life can drag the time and still you would be in circles around the same hole, no escape from fate.

Nina walks into the kitchen and pulls out a chair from the stool to sit on "good morning" I say giving my best smile, she leans down and put her head between her hands then clears her face from her hair and says "we need to talk" my smile fades and I know what's coming is not good

"last night, there was a package outside the door they... they send us a bank account number and me and Roseland have to put 500 dollar from each of us" tears start to spell from her eyes then she whips them quickly. I didn't know what to say to comfort her, you never know how hard it is until you try.

"I can afford to pay that, but Roseland can't and the bigger problem is we have to pay for people who sells and buys weapons. God knows what they do with it" she says passing in front of me and all I can think of is the word 'unlimited' that was printed on the contract, they can ask more next time but I don't say anything to Nina she had enough to worry about.

"Lorens' boyfriend is with them, we could ask her to convince him to talk with whoever those people are and just let you be" I say sitting beside her on a chair, she laughs and shakes her head "you don't get it Axal, Loren knew she set us up. She said don't get your hopes up for this year when we were in the elevator the day we came here, what are the chances that she meets a guy on the internet who lives in Chicago and when he invites us to a party this happens?" she was right, but why would Loren do that something is missing.

"and why didn't they try to find you when you were hiding it's like they had a target, Axal questions have been eating my mind and I'm about to go crazy" as she finishes the doorbell rings
"I'll get it" I say and stand heading for the door, when I open it I see Loren standing with her blond hair bouncing as she runs her hand through it, "funny talked about the shit and now we're smiling it, what brings you want a punch too?" I say blocking the doorway "I'm here to take my clothes and go since you just want to ignore me".

"You want your clothes? you betrayed your friends and then come here to take your clothes to live with a person you barely know? I don't have words to tell you Loren" it seems that how much time you spend with people doesn't matter

"don't you even dare to talk about me and Cedric like you know us"

"I don't but you know what's sadder than that, the fact you don't know him too. I don't know why you are doing this I don't understand what makes you capable of throwing your friends for someone who doesn't appreciate you, I can see that from the way he acts around" she just shakes her tears away and regain her hard look "just let me get my things" she says without any emotion in her eyes, I never realized how cold she is and I don't have a right to hate that because I never cared "I'll leave it for you with Adam the doorman. And Loren.. you're not a bad person but you are trying so hard to be one" I tell her and she just shakes her head approving then walks away with her heels clicking on the ground and that was the last time I saw her.

"Who was that?" Nina asks concerned, Rose was sitting drinking coffee "someone had the wrong address and kept asking places he's maybe new in town" I say not meeting her eyes and sit again "have you told her yet about the box?" Rose asks looking at Nina