Chapter ten

Five weeks pass and life seemed calm for me, nothing new except that I decided to get a job to help Rose pay the money she was forced to give, she was so stressed because her job at the beauty salon didn't pay her much and on the other hand I won't be completely depending on my mom to pay for college. Elias was busy with whatever he was doing and I would rarely go to Bauls shop, Rose and Nina are so depressing to sit with and I couldn't blame them everything was messed up and they barely knew anything, now that there is no one I talk to I start to realize I have a hole in me something was missing, there was this aching inside of me... there was strong cold wind blowing in me, the thing that scared me that I realized I live out of my body I needed something, anything to make me feel more.

I found in the newspaper a job application for a shipping company called The Williamsons, but all I'm going to do is be on the reception of their main building here in Chicago directing people and answering calls. Today will be the interview and I had no idea how it will go, what are they going to ask can you memories the directions of this place?  "you are going to wear that?" Nina come into my room throwing herself on the bed "yeah what's wrong with it?" I look down at my black pants and dark red blouse, "you look... Come" she says walking out of the room and I follow.

Nina chooses for me to wear a grey skirt and I keep my blouse, "and we're done" she says after putting my hair into a bun, I looked older than my age but for now that was what I needed "thank you" I say smiling at her, she looked very tired and the black underneath her eyes shows that she is not getting much sleep. "Good luck" she says and I head for the door, my black heels made it so hard to walk down the stairs. I see Adam in the lobby, as always he is wearing a sweet smile "hi, did... my friend come to pick her things?" I ask him "yeah and good thing you asked I almost forgot. She left you this" he says pulling a folded paper from a cabinet behind the marble counter then hand it to me "did she say anything?"
"No. She just said to give you this only you" I look down at the paper something important is in it but I won't read it now and distract myself "thank you" I say.
It was a very high skyscraper all made of glass, at the top is a big silver W and at the entrance is the name of the company The Williamsons. Everyone dressed professionally, everyone walked like robots knowing where to go and what to do, I thought it would be easy to find my way but everything seemed huge, I could barely see the end of the lobby. I head for the reception and there stood a young woman with dark skin that is so clear you think it's made of porcelain, her black hair was in a perfect high bun and her black suit looked like it was made for her, I should just walk out "umm, I have a meeting with Mr. Trevor" I say while looking at the small note in my hand "second floor, section B, I'll inform his secretary that you are here" she says with a wide smile, I will be standing here if I get this job and I have to smile all the time, that is a challenge "thank you".
I reach the sector B, the ground was covered by dark blue carpet the walls were all white and black leather couches lened in front of a wooden door, a woman with blond hair walks out looking very unpleased "Axal Hale?" she asks looking at me "yes I.."
"Trevor is waiting for you" she says blankly, not her best day.
I walk inside of the room and see at the end a man in his late forties sitting behind his desk going through papers, I clear my throat hopping he would notice my presence "you may sit" he says not looking at me, but I ignore the argue to throw something at his head, I sit in the chair that was facing him and wait as he puts his papers down "I know I'm still on my first year in college but I....."
"Can you read?" He interupts me "yeah of course" I answer confused "can you write and smile at people all day?" He asks again and I answer with the same confusion "well you get the job" He says taking me by surprise "what? That's it?" I say, what the hell "look I can put my five years old daughter to do your job and she will do it, all you have to do is be here from two in the evening to six, don't flirt with anyone you see in here, don't come to work drunk, don't get out of work without permission. Is it hard?" He looked so bored but his tone held somekind of warning.
"of course sir"
"You start tomorrow leave your number outside and sign the paper you will be given, and miss Hale one mistake and you're out, be a good image for this place"
"I will" hope I don't see you old grumpy man.
I walk out to the street happy that I got the job pretty easily, if I don't count Mr. Trevor, then I remember the paper from Loren so I sit on a wooden bench on the side of the road and pull it from my bag, I was scared and curious maybe hopeful too I unfold it and read :

If you want to get out of this you have to reach M and the closest way to him is Ezab.
I'm sorry but I hope one day you'll understand although I doubt that. Be careful this is just the beginning, be smart and you'll find the way.
P.S 611997   -L-

Everything can be just right there in front of you but you are so blinded by what the time will hold.

*********************
so many things will happen in the next chapter :)