Chapter twelve

I was leaning my back to the wall trying to calm myself. I didn't do anything wrong and I don't know anything yet, so what was all that about?

My phone rings in my pocket making me jump from my place, I pull it out and see that it was Rose "where the hell are you? the movie will start soon" she says angrily, "I'm coming the bathroom was a bit uhh, never mind I'm on my way" I return my phone to my pocket and make my way to the theater, and the hallways are still empty which means that man could come again and threaten me, he was never going to come back but that is fear everything triggers it.

I spot Rose and Nina sitting at the front row, I walk slowly as the movie starts to play "when I think of my wife I always think about her head..." what kind of weird movie is that now, "I picture cracking her lovely sculpt and spooling her brain.." I sit beside Nina and she hands me my popcorn still focusing on the screen "trying to get answers for the primal question of any marriage, what are you thinking? how are you feeling? what have we done to each other?" I look around me and everyone is focusing their site at the screen, everyone is letting the movie take them into a journey and I remember when I used to let myself drown in books and movies now I feel like living in numbness for the emotions, but that day I regained some of my old self.

"What the hell? they just get back together that's so stupid Gone girl more like bitch girl" Rose complains while we walk out of the movies "well she is a smart ass psycho" Nina says taking a breath "I think the ending was perfect" I say defending the movie that made me forget about my fears "you hate people who doesn't stand for themselves". "he did stand up for himself, but in the end he realized that he should embrace his choices and that no one is innocent" both Rose and Nina look at each other then back at me "look who's becoming a philosopher again" Rose says jokingly as we get in Nina's car.

I was laying in my bed trying to fall asleep, I look out the window at the full moon surrounded by stars like it's protecting it. I wanted someone to protect me most importantly I wanted someone to be right beside me when I'm all alone like now, I think of Elias and how much I feel good when I'm around him but not when he is away, he is lost in his own life.

After hours of changing my bed side the sun starts to rise and I feel some kind of energy all over my body, now I feel anger all over me how could I let someone threaten me? and how could I be this helpless, but I didn't know who was that man and I don't know his motivation . so many questions and today I will get answers.

"Hey Paul" I say as I walk to Bauls shop but there was no people this time there was many construction workers hammering wood to the walls and some hanging lights from the ceiling "hi, came here to sneakpeak" he says and I give him a confused look "tomorrow, a little celebration for our little expansion" he say it like I was supposed to know but I have no idea "Max had sent you like a hundred messages, you are invited to the VIP dinner" I smile at him and ask "of course I'll come"

"good be here at four, I'll go check on Brandon you go check on the wall in the second floor you'll like it you somehow came to my mind when it was completed" he winks and starts walking away through the mess on the ground, I make my way to the newly made stairs on the other side of the room careful to not step on something sharp. The sound of hammering and wood makes me want to shut my ears and shout at them to stop but when I reach the second floor the sound ease out and I look around me to see that everything was made of light brown wood and chandelier hanged from the low ceiling, I go closer and touch the smooth wooden tables and the silk napkins on it. In front of me was a balcony that let the sunlight come in and I look around again trying to find an interesting wall.

It was behind me at the other end of the room, red bricks hanged on them small paintings two arm chairs were set facing each other, five shelfs held many books "Axal" I turn around and find Max smiling widely, I go closer and hug him "where have you been we've missed you" he says as we both head for a table to sit "I'm sorry I haven't been replying to your messages but lately everything seems rushed"