Chapter 2

Maze's POV

I woke up on the reef under some rocks that form some kind of tunnel over me. I swim out and swam a little deeper into the ocean so no one see's me.

I bumped into a few dolphins and apologized- many times might I add- My head is elsewhere. I was thinking of the strange blond boy that followed me around yesterday, or was it just a coincidence that I saw him 3 times in one day?

His brother scared me a little though... I was going to go apologize to Calum for being so angry at him telling me where to be and where to go. But then I saw Luke's brother get angry at them and heard that they were bullying Luke and ran out.

Why would Calum want to do that to him? I think Michael might be jealous of him but Calum would NEVER hurt anyone, even mentally! And yes I said that Michael might be jealous. Michael thinks low of himself and I don't blame him being jealous, Luke is quite attractive.

When I reached the surface I noticed that I swam right to Luke's home... question is... Why? Oh! You might be confused as to what is going on, and if you haven't caught on yet, I'm a mermaid. Yes they exist, No I don't know if unicorns exist too, and yes I have a fish butt.

My tail is a bright purple and blue colour, but since I was born a mermaid- In water... as a fish... or in my case as a dolphin, since fish lays eggs and dolphins are mammals so they give birth like a mammal. I bet you never thought to know how a mermaid gives birth. Believe me, the first time I saw it I fainted. And that was in class.

Yes, mermaids go to school, because were a "School" of mermaids... get it... No? Okay fine that was lame... But, anyway! We have all the same (sort of) classes as you humans. Sure we have Biology- that's where I saw IT happen *shivers*

It's not like they took a pregnant mermaid and made her give birth in front of a class of students, no. You see the teacher Mrs Pearl was pregnant and teaching us about how when we get older we would be able to turn our tails the same colour as our surroundings to "Blend in" and she went into labour.

I of course being the braves and nicest person in class went and helped her give birth and those were the longest hours of my entire life! Kidding it was quite quick actually just like how a dolphin gives birth.

ANYWAY!!! Moving on to the topic! Why the hell am I in front of Luke's house? It was like it was calling me... And I guess I'm not the only one... A bunch of mermaids and mermen my age came to the surface... and yes their all in my little school pod.

What is happening? A lady walked out of the house and looked at all of us. I put my head lower in the water out of shyness as she scanned us all smiling. Calum suddenly popped up next to me and scared the living jelly fish out of me!

"What's going on? Who died?!" he asked joking around. And no Calum was born on land so he didn't turn Merman till he was 13. If you were born on land like a human you only turn on your 13th birthday. Calum's sort of my cousin... well actually I'm actually his aunt... It's complicated, but we're family.

Michael popped up on the other side of me scaring the scales off my tail! "What are you two doing, scaring me like that?!" I hissed at a laughing Michael. Michael was also born on land and he and Calum were together for each other's first shifts- not that it was at the same time. Michael is kind of my best guy friend.

Then Luke came out of the house and all of us went under the water hiding from him. We didn't hide from his mother because we knew she knew about us. She is my mother's friend, I think. My mother has many friends.