Chapter 2

"Gaara, you know that I'm right." Temari said to her younger brother. "That you may be, but I refuse." He said coldly. "But, Gaara! The village is waiting! They can't take you seriously since you're sixteen! They will if you marry a strong ninja from the head of one of the most powerful clans! That'll proove to them that you're devoted to the village!" She continued.

"Go away, Temari. I'm not interested in your foolish rumours." He said plainly and she sighed. "All right, Gaara. I'll tell you the real reason why I'm here. You have to have an arranged marriage because..... of this certain woman's parents.... They came to me and told me that their daughter is a disgrace to them, and that the clan agreed that if she did not marry someone powerful soon, she would be either killed, or prived of her chakra, and send her into the middle of nowhere with no water or food. They said that she failed to complete her duty as a member of the clan by failing to marry someone of an other clan before..... You know who I'm talking about, don't you? Her parents didn't come to me in fear, but in hate and triumph." She said and he looked at her. Somehow, he knew that she was telling the truth, and what he had to do as Kazekage was clear.

"Temari, find a list of the most powerful single suitors in the Sand." He said and she sighed and walked out. A few minutes passed before Talia walked into his office.

* * * * * * * * * *

Temari returned with a list, only a few stood there. Four names were written on the paper. There was Kankuro, Jiashi, Tsunichi, and himself. He couldn't burden his brother with no freedom in romance, Jiashi was never home and would probably treat her as a slave, and Tsunichi was extremely violant and would probably harm her. All that was left was himself. It was no time to be selfish, and he sighed thinking hard and long.

"I have made my decision. I will marry the girl." He said his voice gloomier then normal. Temari nodded and padded out of his office.

* * * * * * * * * * *

"Talia." Her mother's voice rang, cutting the thick silence. "We have arranged you to marry the Kazekage." She said and the girl's eyes widened. "And what if I refuse?" She asked sniddly. "You will marry him. The only reason that the Kazekage agreed is because we told his sister that if you weren't married to someone powerful soon, you'd be killed or deserted somewhere in the desert to die. That exact thing will happen if you refuse. And if you still refuse, we will force you." Her mother said with an evil grin on her face.

Talia's jaw clenched and she walked right out the way she had came. "Don't try to run away, Talia!" Her mother said as her hand was on the handle. "I can. You can't stop me you evil wench." She snarled and she nearly fell back as a strong hand came into contact with her cheek. She gasped and saw her father standing before her, glaring. "You will not speak to your mother that way." He growled. "She has no right to be called my mother and you have no right to be called my father." She snapped trying to conceal the pain that she felt within her.

Another hand came into contact with her face, the same cheek, but this time it was her brother. "You shouldn't speak about your parents like that." He said and she saw her mother glowing with pride at her son.

She couldn't help it. The tears came and she wrenched open the door and ran out, not bothering to close it.

Her clanmates glared down at her, murmuring things as she passed by them.

This time, the tears began to flow. She whiped at them with the back of her hand, but they kept on coming.

She ran out of her clan district and into the village looking for somewhere in which she could curl up in and die.