Chapter 6

After Talia had gone to the infirmary and came up with the lie 'Oh, I fell down the stairs' to answer for her bloody and harmed nose, she had been aimlessly walking around the palace, no destination in mind.

Temari and Kankuro would look at her in worry, and she hardly even noticed that they were there, or that she was going in circles.

She passed Gaara's office for about the fifteenth time that day, and the door swung open just as she passed, which made her jump and snap back to reality. "What are you doing?" He asked and she turned red from embarassment. "Um....." She tried to find a valide excuse. "What happened to your nose?" He asked quite seriously. "I fell down the stairs this morning...." She said awkwardly. He looked at her dead in the eye. He pulled her into her arm and she stared at him in shock.

"I know that's not what happened." He stated gravely and her eyes widened a little. "W-What do you mean?" She asked, trying to maintain her act. "I saw what happened." He stated and she bit her lip. "Why did you lie?" He asked and she looked away, before sighing, her gaze directing itself to the floor. "Because even though I may not like them they're still my parents. If word got out about how they treated me, their reputation would go down and they would loose all their friends."

"And you care?" He asked and she nodded. He gave a small sigh and pulled her into a hug. Her eyes widened in shock. He was tense and seemed almost awkward, like he didn't know what he was doing, or if he was doing it right. "Lord Kazekage?" She asked softly, not sure what to do. "Gaara." He said and she nodded as best she could, since her face was pressed against his chest.

"Why......... why didn't you let me die?" She asked, looking up at him. "If I had....... I wouldn't burden anyone with my existance anymore................ I wouldn't burden you, or Temari, or all the people I've met." She said and he looked down at her. "Who said you burdened me? Temari is thrilled that there'll finally be another girl in the family." He said and she looked away. "The only one who thinks that you're a burden is you." He said and she scoffed. "And my family."

"Your old family. Now you're apart of our family." He said and she blushed a little. She looked up at him and found themselves both leaning in. The door swung open revealing Kankuro, who was about to say something until he realized what was happening. He was then tackled to the floor but Temari.

She smiled. "Oh don't mind him. We aren't here, continue, continue." She said before giving Kankuro the killer eye and dragging him out of the room. "Kankuro you idiot! They were about to kiss! Jerk! Jerk! JERK!" They could hear Temari shouting in a whisper and several banging noises. "Ow! Temari! I get it! Stop hitting me!" Kankuro shouted and another thud was heard. "Shut up!" She said and you could hear the pleas that Kankuro was giving Temari not to kill him.

Talia's entire face was red. K-Kiss? Were we really going to.......? She thought, her face turned even redder. Gaara seemed a little lost and awkward, and they hardly realized that he was still holding her. They sprang apart, and Talia bit her bottom lip.

It was silent for a while, and Gaara slowly headed towards his desk. He sat down, picked up his quill, and started scribbling down on paper. Talia sat beside him, still a little red. He looked over at her. "I should know how to do this kind of stuff since you know..... erm....."She said fidgeting. He nodded and continued doing the paper work. He could feel her intent gaze, and before they knew it, hours had passed by and it was dark outside.

Suddenly, he felt something on his shoulder. He looked over and saw Talia, sound asleep, leaning on his shoulder. Not wanting to get rid of her presence, he let her bed, feeling quite comfortable with her head resting on his shoulder.